AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Suggestion for Regional Boards  (Read 6146 times)

JoePCool14

• I'm surrounded by IDiOTs.

• Last Login: Today at 05:11:14 PM
Re: Suggestion for Regional Boards
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2022, 07:57:06 AM »

Ohio Valley Board (2009-2022)

...Anyway, if you all see any threads that I botched transferring, like if I put a Kentucky thread in Pacific Southwest or something stupid like that, let me know!

Also, RIP to "Midwest - Great Lakes". At least now, we're by far the second biggest regional board behind the Northeast by post count.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
My Travel Mapping stats

BlueOutback7

• Convert the NY Thruway to mileage based exits

• Last Login: Today at 09:17:45 PM
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2022, 08:27:36 AM »

Thank you for implementing these changes. This does make it easier to locate specific threads.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

My Flickr Page
https://www.flickr.com/photos/195026169@N03/

webny99

• Left lane is for passing, not camping!

• Last Login: Today at 07:49:51 PM
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »

Thank you for implementing these changes. This does make it easier to locate specific threads.

Just wanted to echo a thank you for the moderators and admin team for the recent changes that have been implemented! I appreciate the feedback in this thread and elsewhere being considered and look forward to a more user-friendly experience.

We're now very close to having no more split states: I believe Western MN is similar to a Western NY situation where it could be removed from the Central States board description without many threads having to be moved, as I think most (all?) MN discussion is located in the updated Great Lakes-Ohio Valley board. Those that frequent those boards more often could confirm.

That would leave the boundary between Mid-South and Southeast as the only split-state issue remaining (currently affecting 3 states: LA, MS, and TN).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 01:36:19 PM by webny99 »
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..
__ _______ ___ __ _______ _____

vdeane

• Last Login: Today at 09:19:00 PM
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2022, 01:29:03 PM »

Just wanted to echo a thank you for the moderators and admin team for the recent changes that have been implemented! I appreciate the feedback in this thread and elsewhere being considered and look forward to a more user-friendly experience.

We're now very close to having no more split states: I believe Western MN is similar to a Western NY situation where it could be removed from the Central States board description without any threads having to be moved, as I think most (all?) MN discussion is located in the updated Great Lakes-Ohio Valley board. Those that frequent those boards more often could confirm.

That would leave the boundary between Mid-South and Southeast as the only split-state issue remaining (currently affecting 3 states: LA, MS, and TN).
Western NY had at least two threads to move out of there to Northeast.  Same for Northwest PA.  I am unsure if there were other threads moved out of there prior to the dissolution of the Ohio Valley board, however.

It would be interesting to see if there actually are any threads for Minnesota in Central States.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

webny99

« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2022, 01:35:48 PM »

We're now very close to having no more split states: I believe Western MN is similar to a Western NY situation where it could be removed from the Central States board description without many threads having to be moved, as I think most (all?) MN discussion is located in the updated Great Lakes-Ohio Valley board. Those that frequent those boards more often could confirm.

Western NY had at least two threads to move out of there to Northeast.  Same for Northwest PA.  I am unsure if there were other threads moved out of there prior to the dissolution of the Ohio Valley board, however.

OK, I must have missed that. Updated with one very carefully placed letter.  ;-)
On April 25, 2022, I became the 20th user in forum history to Like the Forum Way, Way Too Much. And then I found that there's another way..

JoePCool14

« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2022, 05:52:55 PM »

Whoever pinned the state notes threads in the Midwest board, I just want to say thank you.

My Travel Mapping stats

vdeane

• New York State Roads
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:00 PM »

We're now very close to having no more split states: I believe Western MN is similar to a Western NY situation where it could be removed from the Central States board description without any threads having to be moved, as I think most (all?) MN discussion is located in the updated Great Lakes-Ohio Valley board. Those that frequent those boards more often could confirm.

It would be interesting to see if there actually are any threads for Minnesota in Central States.
Incidentally, I decided to see if there were any MN threads in Central States, and I didn't even have to look past the first page - the Northwest Angle thread from last year is there.

Whoever pinned the state notes threads in the Midwest board, I just want to say thank you.
What Midwest board?  ;-)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JoePCool14

« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2022, 09:02:13 PM »

What Midwest board?  ;-)

I guess I'll be that one defiant person who keeps calling it the Midwest board. Because that's the name that first comes to mind.

My Travel Mapping stats

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 08:58:31 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2022, 10:26:30 PM »

:D ;)

vdeane

• New York State Roads
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2022, 12:54:28 PM »

I've noticed that the Northeast board is now emulating how the Southeast board was for a long time, with only Philadelphia pinned.

webny99

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2022, 03:36:43 PM »

I've noticed that the Northeast board is now emulating how the Southeast board was for a long time, with only Philadelphia pinned.

Perhaps "Philadelphia" was pinned to avoid a repeat of this  :rofl:

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: September 26, 2022, 10:18:59 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2022, 08:43:16 PM »

I did that after I split off the Atlanta thread and pinned it.

adventurernumber1

• David Carson

• Last Login: Today at 08:06:44 PM
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2022, 09:56:28 PM »

I did that after I split off the Atlanta thread and pinned it.

Thank you for that change as well. I hadn't thought about how all the Atlanta discussion was dominating the other general discussion in the Georgia thread, so that also helps with organization.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 08:46:42 AM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:35 AM »

Most, but not all.  Would agree that all of the MN discussion should be in the Great Lakes thread.

There's a handful, including one from a couple months ago.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.