News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 07:49:17 AM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 06:54:06 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 03:12:36 AMDon't discount the political value of connecting Nevada's two metro areas, whether or not that has any actual value in reality.

No, I will discount it. 

Is this like a buy one get one free sort of deal, or is it some piddly 10% off?
Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 07:43:43 AM
Quote from: formulanone on Today at 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 05, 2024, 01:08:03 AMThe insect situation in the Central Valley of California is just as bad if not worse than what i experienced in Florida.  I ponder over this every Spring since moving here from Orlando in 2016.

When it comes to indoor pests, South Florida gets you into the habit of being a clean freak in kitchens and dining areas, or anywhere one eats. Bugs of all varieties, anytime. The Tennessee Valley is very forgiving in comparison, just more spiders.

Got that little reminder when leaving some food out in Kauai; the ant situation was just like being in Florida again, if you were careless about leftovers.

The centipedes randomly on my floor was enough to ensure I never walked around barefoot in the Keys.  That was fun stepping on several at night when I first moved there.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Northern Virginia HOT Lane...
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 07:39:02 AM
Quote from: 02 Park Ave on May 05, 2024, 08:31:35 PMHave the weekday hours of southbound operation of the I-95 Express lanes changed?  They used to open before Noon but now 1:00 pm is listed for their opening.

In past years it has varied by season. They open earlier in the summer and later in the winter. I don't remember when they make the adjustment, though, nor do I know whether the latest extension will affect the schedule.
Traffic Control / Re: Most absurd VMS messages
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 07:28:02 AM
Doesn't the message also apply for dogs?
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 07:09:07 AM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 06:56:04 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 01:27:36 AM
Quote from: GaryV on May 05, 2024, 07:14:04 AMOne I've seen for a couple days in SE Mich (maybe slight paraphrase):

HEAT STROKE KILLS
CHECK THE BACK SEAT

Yeah, right. I forgot I had the kid with me. But I'll remember to check the back seat just in case there's a kid in there.

Sadly, there is a target demographic for that sign that needs to be reminded.

How is that demographic defined?

Am I allowed to say "people who shouldn't have children to begin with"?
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by Jim - Today at 07:04:13 AM
33 km to Badajoz on A-5 in Spain.  June 25, 2023.

Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:56:04 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 01:27:36 AM
Quote from: GaryV on May 05, 2024, 07:14:04 AMOne I've seen for a couple days in SE Mich (maybe slight paraphrase):

HEAT STROKE KILLS
CHECK THE BACK SEAT

Yeah, right. I forgot I had the kid with me. But I'll remember to check the back seat just in case there's a kid in there.

Sadly, there is a target demographic for that sign that needs to be reminded.

How is that demographic defined?
Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:54:06 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 03:12:36 AMDon't discount the political value of connecting Nevada's two metro areas, whether or not that has any actual value in reality.

No, I will discount it.  If people were complaining that a better connection was needed, then there would be one already after all these decades of the Interstate Highway System.  There would already be a seriously considered proposal on the shelf.

I doubt the public work on any sort of connection doesn't even reach to NY's Rooftop's constant failure.
Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:49:50 AM
My word, even in New England the ants are bad enough to not leave food out.

Leaving food out is pretty nasty, anyway. :D
Off-Topic / Re: Dreams about this forum
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 06:22:49 AM
I was reading an mtr Usenet archive and saw a few posts from 1970 (which were actually from that year and not a Unix timestamp bug). One thread had someone in 1970 ask if they wanted to meet somewhere, but the replies were from 1971 and 1972.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.