AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 11:10:45 AM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by 1995hoo
No, they don't feel like "home." Am I more comfortable driving one of our own cars than I am driving a rental car? Absolutely. But they don't feel like "home" to me (and I have not slept in the car since sometime in the 1990s, not counting times when I've been on the verge of falling asleep at the wheel).

on: Today at 11:09:47 AM 
Started by TMETSJETSYT - Last post by TMETSJETSYT
So for a while now, I have been confused with the road choices in the Corning-Elmira area of NY. First, you have NY 15 and US 15 which used to be the same route, but for some reason, past Corning, (The terminus of I-99) US 15 turns into NY 15 from Corning to it's northern terminus in Downtown Rochester. If anyone could answer why this is why it is, please message me. Also, why is I-390 still numbered as I-390 if its supposed to be numbered as I-99? If its up to Interstate standerd then why don't they just renumber it? If anyone can answer these questions, please let me know.

on: Today at 11:09:13 AM 
Started by Beltway - Last post by 74/171FAN
PennDOT - District 3 News: CSVT Northern Section Opening to Traffic This Week

on: Today at 11:06:21 AM 
Started by MaxConcrete - Last post by Bobby5280
Promotion of big residential subdivisions (for lots of property tax revenue and to bolster a more "desirable" voting demographic) while doing little to nothing to improve capacity of arterial streets and highways is a familiar tune being played out in other parts of the nation.

It sounds exactly like the crap going on in Colorado Springs. Big developments with dozens of high priced homes get plopped onto the landscape. These subdivisions will have their own nice looking, landscaped streets -some of which are even 4-lane divided. All that empties out onto main streets or highways that haven't had real substantial capacity improvements in decades. The few improvements they're actually making, such as piece-meal upgrades of Powers Blvd intersections, aren't delivering much in the way of improved traffic movement. That's because their pace of improvement is so damn slow it can't catch up to the sheer amount of traffic growth.

US-24 going NE out of the 'Springs is one example. The town of Falcon has grown a lot in the past 20 years. There is hardly any rural gap left between Falcon and the East edge of Colorado Springs. The remaining empty spaces there and by the Black Forest are going to fill in with development. The situation on US-24 is just going to get even more dangerous. CDOT isn't going to do a damn thing about it though.

on: Today at 11:04:03 AM 
Started by Alex - Last post by 74/171FAN
(For US 13 and DE 12)  TRAFFIC ALERT - Kent County - Road Closure of US 13 Northbound at SR12 between Killens Pond Road and Memorial Ave

(For US 13 and DE 14)  TRAFFIC ALERT - Kent County - US 13 Northbound at SR14 between Porter St. and Gordon St.

on: Today at 11:03:24 AM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Based of the below thread in Reply #16:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31752.0

My cars certainly don’t feel like home away home for me, even when I sleep/camp in them.  At best they might be a temporary space I inhabit but none them feature enough household amenities to replicate the feeling of permanent domicile.   

on: Today at 10:58:41 AM 
Started by bluecountry - Last post by The Ghostbuster
If Interstate 395/290 were one number, the 3di would be 86.76 miles long. Not the longest 3di, but a lengthly one at that. I would have prefered 395 to have been numbered 695 or 895, since the routes that would have bore those numbers were canceled by that point. However, the 395 designation was chosen to replace the CT/MA 52 designation, so that is the number it will always be.

on: Today at 10:40:47 AM 
Started by bluecountry - Last post by jp the roadgeek
*contiguous
290 came first well before 395 was finalized, let alone constructed. While they are functionally different, there is a fair amount of traffic continuing from one to the other (since it's a good way south from the Wista area). I wouldn't call it all 290 and I wouldn't call it all 395, though. I-695 maybe (CT and MA do not have one of those) since it's a loop from 95 to 495.

Only thing it would require is for CT to renumber the CT Turnpike stub, as it is currently SR 695. 

on: Today at 10:34:58 AM 
Started by rickmastfan67 - Last post by 74/171FAN
PennDOT - District 11 News: Eastbound I-376 Ramp to Forbes Avenue/Oakland Weekend Closure July 8-11 in Pittsburgh

on: Today at 10:32:22 AM 
Started by mass_citizen - Last post by ethanhopkin14
Dave Barry posted this today on his blog.  I'm posting the link instead of just a screenshot because some of the comments are pretty good.  Anyone know what this means?

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2163538817154363&set=gm.1790323854508844

I was looking at that sign yesterday and yes the comments were killing me.  I agree that it has to be walk on the sidewalk and not the grass and the penalty is a $100 fine, but there are so many other odd things about that signs.  Why is it two signs in one?  Why the arrow pointing to the lower left?  Why the dashed line?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.