why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Another Tulsa Turnpike?

Started by Scott5114, April 21, 2010, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Thanks to David Backlin for the tip.
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12343638

And in another installment of People Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant, we give you this:
Quote from: Rex from Broken Arrow
it will also give easy access in and out of neighborhoods for the gangbangers wanting to shoot another gangbanger and or innocent bystander for only a couple of dollars toll fee.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

corco

QuotePeople Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant

Fixed that for you  :-P

okroads

If this goes through, I predict it will be called the Gilcrease Turnpike. Connecting the 2 ends of the Gilcrease (I-44/I-244 to U.S. 75/OK 11) has been planned for a long time now; it does not surprise me that it may be tolled to get it done.

bugo

They mention it ending at I-44.  Does this mean the current 2 lane Gilcrease Expressway between 41st and 51st will become tolled?  The road is built as 2 lanes of a future freeway.  And there's a short section that is a full freeway.  Maybe the turnpike will actually begin at 41st Street.  

Here is an aerial of the current southern section of the Gilcrease.  

Alps

Quote from: corco on April 21, 2010, 01:05:40 PM
QuotePeople Who Comment On News Sites' Road Articles Are Ignorant

Fixed that for you  :-P
Fixed again.

rte66man

May be political problems if the 41st to 51st part is tolled. That was built so traffic to the TCC West campus could get there w/o having to drive all over creation.  Higher Ed has a lot of political powere here in OK.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.