News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

10 most dangerous roads in the world

Started by roadman65, March 15, 2021, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

JayhawkCO

Didn't watch the video, but I'll assume Bolivia's "Death Road" is on there.  I mountain biked down it a couple years ago but there's basically no more truck traffic on the road anymore since they built the new road.  Fun ride.

Chris

roadman65

The cover photo looks edited. However it reminds me of Fritzowl though.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jeffandnicole

Quote from: roadman65 on March 16, 2021, 12:27:36 PM

Especially being that the sign looks like it would be on the shoulder line or in the right most travel lane if it was truly placed in that location.

kphoger

I stopped watching the video after seeing too many video clips that weren't even of the road the clip was talking about.

The cover photo looks edited.

And the commentator even says as much.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheGrassGuy

Highways that are probably going to be in this video (I haven't watched it yet):

* Yungas Road, Bolivia
* Troll's Ladder, Norway
* That other highway in Norway that gets washed over a lot
* Karakoram Highway, China-Pakistan
* Dalton Highway, Alaska
* That one really twisty highway in Italy
* Dragon's Tail Highway, North Carolina
* That one really steep bridge in Japan
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

Max Rockatansky

I'll probably give this a watch today but if US 129 over The Dragon segment appears then the video is automatically discredited.  I don't get why there is so many people who push US 129 as the most geographically dangerous US Route when the Coronado Trail of US 191 blows it out of the water.  Even US 550 over Red Mountain Pass and US 212 over the Beartooth Highway are way more geographically challenging than The Dragon.  The Dragon is akin to something like your average segment of something like CA 245 out west, it's a total cupcake compared to the actual dangerous stuff. 

Ketchup99

Yep. Fourth-most dangerous road in the world: US 431, coming just ahead of a literal cowpath in the sky.

texaskdog

"Moses transports"

kkt

Quote from: texaskdog on March 17, 2021, 05:36:48 PM
"Moses transports"

That was clever :)  But I don't think I'll watch the whole vid.

Ned Weasel

Some of those look like they ought to have gates that close in inclement weather.  Commonwealth Avenue in the Philippines looks like it should have barriers separating the fast lanes from the slow lanes (or even the fast lanes from the medium lanes from the slow lanes).  Would it be that bad for it to lose a lane or two in each direction?

Quote from: texaskdog on March 17, 2021, 05:36:48 PM
"Moses transports"

Since this is a roadgeek forum, I thought that referred to Robert Moses at first.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

TheGrassGuy

Six Mile Avenue in Detroit
Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on July 03, 2021, 01:45:46 PM
Six Mile Avenue in Detroit
Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia

Nothing in Detroit presents a physical hazard and you aren't likely to be car jacked at a light either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.