News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Interchanges and Road Signs around My Area

Started by Anthony17, December 24, 2021, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony17

Hello, I started a new topic about interchanges and road signs around my area. More will be posted later. I found a A4 Parclo on Google Maps. It's at CA-91 and Pioneer Blvd. I think that the interchange was built probably in the 1960s due to a button copy sign that dates from the same period (more on that later).
Link - https://tinyurl.com/pioneerparclo

Max Rockatansky

Wouldn't this fit better on the Pacific Southwest board?

Anthony17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 24, 2021, 01:18:20 PM
Wouldn't this fit better on the Pacific Southwest board?
Yeah, I think so. But I just want to stay on its own topic.

Fixed quote. –Roadfro

Max Rockatansky

I get that, but your Region is the Pacific Southwest.  That being the case it should have been posting as a topic in the Pacific Southwest Board rather than General.  Not a big deal given you're new, I'm sure some will move it.  I figured it was worth pointing out for future reference. 

Scott5114

May be a good idea to edit the subject line of the original post as well, to clarify what constitutes "my area". From the thread listing, other people aren't going to know where your area is (and thus whether they're interested in opening the thread or not).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

RZF

I feel that it's always a debate among road enthusiasts and city planners on what the "perfect" interchange at every exit should be. While the simple diamond takes up less space, it's the least safe. But on the other hand, complex clover and diamond interchanges take up way more valuable land and housing, while they are the safest. It's a never ending battle to find the best compromise.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.