News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-69 in TX

Started by Grzrd, October 09, 2010, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

I don't expect Houston-Victoria to be done by 2030.
Construction progress would have to be much faster than it's been over the past 8 years.

The southern extent of I-69 has been at roughly Spur 529 since 2013, and only now does it look like the next section is getting ready to open up. That'll get us to what, Wharton or Hungerford at best, about 1/3 of the way there?
El Campo looks like it might be substantially ready, but Ganado and Edna, while mostly freeway, would want more complete one-way frontage road setups, with reconfigured ramps for more high-speed movement. Unsure about bridge clearance, but they might need to be redone anyway due to road width; the one place I peeked at GMSV the shoulders looked a bit narrow.

The Project Tracker shows a "Convert NoN-Freeway" corridor study from the N end of US59Bus (Victoria) to the Victoria/Jackson county line with construction in 10+years.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Thegeet

Quote from: yakra on January 21, 2022, 04:22:00 PM
I don't expect Houston-Victoria to be done by 2030.
Construction progress would have to be much faster than it's been over the past 8 years.

The southern extent of I-69 has been at roughly Spur 529 since 2013, and only now does it look like the next section is getting ready to open up. That'll get us to what, Wharton or Hungerford at best, about 1/3 of the way there?
El Campo looks like it might be substantially ready, but Ganado and Edna, while mostly freeway, would want more complete one-way frontage road setups, with reconfigured ramps for more high-speed movement. Unsure about bridge clearance, but they might need to be redone anyway due to road width; the one place I peeked at GMSV the shoulders looked a bit narrow.

The Project Tracker shows a "Convert NoN-Freeway" corridor study from the N end of US59Bus (Victoria) to the Victoria/Jackson county line with construction in 10+years.
The weird thing is they say it is a freeway, but it is still called " Convert Non-Freeway" .

CoreySamson

I fully expect I-69E between Corpus and the RGV to be completely interstate-grade by 2030. I also believe unsuffixed I-69 in Texas will be completely free flowing up to Garrison by then, given how the Corrigan and Diboll bypasses are projected to commence shortly.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Thegeet

Diabolical bypass and s already in construction.

Edit: Diboll bypass is already in construction.

yakra

^ some typos & autocorrect fails, you've just gotta leave in for the lulz!  :-D
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

bwana39

Quote from: CoreySamson on January 21, 2022, 08:45:14 PM
I fully expect I-69E between Corpus and the RGV to be completely interstate-grade by 2030. I also believe unsuffixed I-69 in Texas will be completely free flowing up to Garrison by then, given how the Corrigan and Diboll bypasses are projected to commence shortly.

Construction is well underway around  Diboll.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Thegeet

Anybody know when construction of the frontage Road between US 87 and SH 185 for US 59 will begin? The contract was let in August 2021, and still no progress.
Quote from: yakra on January 21, 2022, 11:35:51 PM
^ some typos & autocorrect fails, you've just gotta leave in for the lulz!  :-D
Exactly. I wanted us to get a good laugh.

O Tamandua

Forgive me for asking but...how much work for I-69 will need to be done in little Marion County and around the "Bed and breakfast capital of Texas", Jefferson?

Thegeet

Quote from: O Tamandua on January 22, 2022, 04:16:14 PM
Forgive me for asking but...how much work for I-69 will need to be done in little Marion County and around the "Bed and breakfast capital of Texas", Jefferson?
Well, if they decide to build west of Jefferson, it would be three interchanges (including the Business interchanges), but if East, then four total.

bwana39

When the original talk years ago, had the freeway veering left about where the new truck stop is. (across from Jefferson Street on Walcott..) This appears to be off the table now. Going west, Big Cypress is not going to be a simple cross. On the east it is a little simpler. You would cross Big Cypress and the Scenic Railway with one facility,cross FM-34, cross KCS, and then cross UPRR and SH 49 with one facility.

There are also some historic property issues to the west.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

O Tamandua

Quote from: bwana39 on January 22, 2022, 07:15:37 PM
When the original talk years ago, had the freeway veering left about where the new truck stop is. (across from Jefferson Street on Walcott..) This appears to be off the table now. Going west, Big Cypress is not going to be a simple cross. On the east it is a little simpler. You would cross Big Cypress and the Scenic Railway with one facility,cross FM-34, cross KCS, and then cross UPRR and SH 49 with one facility.

There are also some historic property issues to the west.

I knew it would get a bit dicey working around Jimplecute-land.  Thank you, all.

sprjus4

The interchange is being reconfigured as part of the project. I-69 / US-77 southbound traffic will be reconfigured to come in on the right as opposed to the left.

Thegeet

I-69E sign spotted near SH 44 interchange: https://goo.gl/maps/a92tNST8Q5m1an7y6

sprjus4

^ In other news... the SH-44 main lanes east of there are finally complete.

Bobby5280

Quote from: ThegeetI-69E sign spotted near SH 44 interchange: https://goo.gl/maps/a92tNST8Q5m1an7y6

Ugh, TX DOT really needs to be using Series C letters on those I-69E shields. Series D just doesn't fit worth a damn. And the neutered I-69E shields they have up in various places in South Texas are just freaking horrible.

Thegeet

Quote from: Bobby5280 on February 22, 2022, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: ThegeetI-69E sign spotted near SH 44 interchange: https://goo.gl/maps/a92tNST8Q5m1an7y6

Ugh, TX DOT really needs to be using Series C letters on those I-69E shields. Series D just doesn't fit worth a damn. And the neutered I-69E shields they have up in various places in South Texas are just freaking horrible.
They're also using at least one with Series C, which is inexplicably used on US 59 in Rosenberg.

abqtraveler

Just looked at Google Maps this morning and Google Street View now shows the northbound side of the Driscoll Bypass open to traffic as of December 2021. It looks like they're still working on tying in the southbound lanes into the existing US-77 at either end of the bypass. Right now, GSV shows the northbound Driscoll Bypass signed solely as US-77.

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.6747616,-97.7403975,3a,55.1y,52.2h,71.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7Rjo44544AYTeIVL-IwcCw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
2-d Interstates traveled:  4, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 24, 25, 27, 29, 35, 39, 40, 41, 43, 45, 49, 55, 57, 64, 65, 66, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74, 75, 76(E), 77, 78, 81, 83, 84(W), 85, 87(N), 89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95

2-d Interstates Clinched:  12, 22, 30, 37, 44, 59, 80, 84(E), 86(E), 238, H1, H2, H3, H201

sprjus4

It's been open since at least November.
Quote from: thisdj78 on November 14, 2021, 08:26:31 PM
Quote from: Thegeet on November 12, 2021, 04:24:37 PM
Breaking News: Google Maps has reported a northbound closure on US 77 in Driscoll. This could be the connection in progress for the new I-69E bypass. Or maybe it was an accident. Still, it is something worth monitoring.

Waze shows the Northbound lane of the bypass as being open so you're likely right.

Thegeet

J N Winkler

Quote from: Thegeet on February 24, 2022, 08:01:00 PMNew BGSs for I-69W: https://goo.gl/maps/4UoSMeL3PjBHSmP58

I hope to God they fixed that sign before they hoisted it into place--that's a pretty significant error.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

formulanone

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 24, 2022, 09:07:42 PM
Quote from: Thegeet on February 24, 2022, 08:01:00 PMNew BGSs for I-69W: https://goo.gl/maps/4UoSMeL3PjBHSmP58

I hope to God they fixed that sign before they hoisted it into place--that's a pretty significant error.

At least the spelling of "Laredo" and "Bridge" is correct.

Brooks

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 24, 2022, 09:07:42 PM

It's a visual error with GSV. If you move down a frame you can see the sign is correct.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.