News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most consistently scenic state borders

Started by jaehak, March 05, 2022, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Arizona/Utah is consistently memorable and has features like the Virgin River Gorge, Monument Valley and the Vermillion Cliffs. 

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 07, 2022, 09:55:35 AM
7. MN/WI

NY/VT ≥ MN/WI  (IMO)

JayhawkCO

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 07, 2022, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: webny99 on March 07, 2022, 11:32:49 AM
7. MN/WI

NY/VT ≥ MN/WI  (IMO)

Never crossed that border, but I'm sure it's nice.

That's fair, a little tough to rank ones you haven't crossed. Anyways, here's some highlights.

JayhawkCO

It was the one border crossing that I missed on my last little New England road trip.

thspfc

Surprised no one has mentioned AZ/NV yet. I-11/US-93 there is quite possibly the most scenic state border crossing in the country. There are only three other roads that cross the AZ/NV border - I-15 which is pretty, and two near Laughlin that are unremarkable but not boring.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 07, 2022, 12:29:41 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned AZ/NV yet. I-11/US-93 there is quite possibly the most scenic state border crossing in the country. There are only three other roads that cross the AZ/NV border - I-15 which is pretty, and two near Laughlin that are unremarkable but not boring.

I had it on my list, but the Laughlin crossings were a little bit meh for me. It's definitely in the honorable mention category.

Bruce

4. OR/WA

Other than the Columbia River, there's not much to see for a good third of the border. The Gorge is great, but the rest is pretty mediocre.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Bruce on March 07, 2022, 06:29:40 PM
4. OR/WA

Other than the Columbia River, there's not much to see for a good third of the border. The Gorge is great, but the rest is pretty mediocre.
m

I think Oregon has a better border with California.  You have things like Oregon Mountain, Redwood Groves, Siskiyou Pass, Mount Shasta and the Klamath Lakes Basin.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.