News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Central Indiana

Started by ysuindy, January 30, 2011, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysuindy

Hi - finally signed up after a few years of off (mostly) and on again lurking.

Grew up in Youngstown Ohio area and moved to Indianpolis area 15 years ago.  One of my prized possessions growing up was an early 1970's  Texaco road atlas book of the United States that a local dealer gave my dad.  Still look at that every so often.  Have a few boxes of old maps upstairs that I look at on occasion.   Some of those I got by offerring to trade baseball cards for maps back when I was a lot younger.

My 15 year-old son and I did a driving vacation last summer from Indy to the Field of Dreams in Dyersville Iowa to Des Moines to Minneapolis to Green Bay to Milwaukee.  It was a blast driving.  Looking forward to driving part of California Route 1 this summer on our trip San Francisco.  Going to take a couple of days to stay in Santa Cruz and drive down past Big Sur - really looking forward to that.

ShawnP

Greetings from Southern Indiana. Need to get Indy to buy off on extending I-69 to downtown.

mobilene

I'm in the Indy area too.  There are a few of us here representing Indiana!
jim grey | Indianapolis, Indiana

Henry

Welcome from a Chicago native now living in Seattle! California has lots of scenic routes, and I have an old road atlas collection myself. :D
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.