Regional Boards > Mountain West

Mountain View Corridor

(1/6) > >>

US 89:
Since discussion of MVC seems to be spread out across several threads, I figured I’d start this one devoted to it.

Anyway, UDOT is currently designing the next section of the corridor to be built in Utah County: from the 2100 North/Redwood Road intersection south to SR-73. Just like the southern half of the existing Salt Lake County portion, just the frontage roads will be built for this stage. However, there will be a 6’ sidewalk on the east side and a 10’ trail on the west side. Construction is expected to begin this year and finish in 2019.

Project website

i-215:
It's a nice improvement from the original drawing which just had a 1+1 configuration (only the easterly pavement section).  I'm glad UDOT got it funded enough to do the full frontage road (2x2).

As a note, a recent Transportation Commission Meeting had a land swap deal with a developer about a mile or two south of the terminus with SR-73.  The state is very serious about taking MVC farther south than 73 (along Utah Lake), even though no formal studies have been conducted yet.

US 89:

--- Quote from: i-215 on April 17, 2018, 12:03:11 AM ---As a note, a recent Transportation Commission Meeting had a land swap deal with a developer about a mile or two south of the terminus with SR-73.  The state is very serious about taking MVC farther south than 73 (along Utah Lake), even though no formal studies have been conducted yet.

--- End quote ---

Sure enough, here's a new YouTube video from UDOT, which mentions that UDOT and local governments are studying a freeway extension south on Foothill Blvd to Pony Express Parkway.

It also discusses the SR-73 freeway proposal from MVC west to Eagle Mountain Blvd. I like the idea, but IMO, any freeway upgrades of 73 should be delayed until 2100 North is upgraded to a freeway. The 73 freeway upgrade will do no good if you're still going to have to stop at a light at Redwood.

BigManFromAFRICA88:

--- Quote from: US 89 on June 27, 2018, 07:26:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: i-215 on April 17, 2018, 12:03:11 AM ---As a note, a recent Transportation Commission Meeting had a land swap deal with a developer about a mile or two south of the terminus with SR-73.  The state is very serious about taking MVC farther south than 73 (along Utah Lake), even though no formal studies have been conducted yet.

--- End quote ---

Sure enough, here's a new YouTube video from UDOT, which mentions that UDOT and local governments are studying a freeway extension south on Foothill Blvd to Pony Express Parkway.

It also discusses the SR-73 freeway proposal from MVC west to Eagle Mountain Blvd. I like the idea, but IMO, any freeway upgrades of 73 should be delayed until 2100 North is upgraded to a freeway. The 73 freeway upgrade will do no good if you're still going to have to stop at a light at Redwood.

--- End quote ---

Honestly for years now I said to myself I wouldn't be surprised if they extended it to at least US-6 with a bypass of Santaquin and called it Interstate 415. Go big or go home.

JKRhodes:
Any plans to tie in between 2100 North and Porter Rockwell Blvd? Alternative studies? Seems like a tight squeeze through there; NSA and National Guard offices also seem like unlikely candidates for ROW acquisition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version