Regional Boards > Mountain West

Mountain View Corridor

<< < (2/6) > >>

US 89:

--- Quote from: BigManFromAFRICA88 on June 28, 2018, 12:44:11 PM ---Honestly for years now I said to myself I wouldn't be surprised if they extended it to at least US-6 with a bypass of Santaquin and called it Interstate 415. Go big or go home.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn’t be surprised about an extension to US 6 in the (very) long run, but I would be very surprised if it was given an interstate style number, much less signed as one. UDOT has missed a lot of chances for this (other examples include SR-7, 67, 154, 201, and the future 179), so I see no reason why they’d suddenly change their minds.

--- Quote from: roadiejay on July 12, 2018, 08:44:01 PM ---Any plans to tie in between 2100 North and Porter Rockwell Blvd? Alternative studies? Seems like a tight squeeze through there; NSA and National Guard offices also seem like unlikely candidates for ROW acquisition.

--- End quote ---

Yes, though it’s currently unfunded. To my knowledge, no studies have been done for that segment specifically. Regarding the ROW, I thought the same at first, but based on the interactive map, it looks like there’s enough room.

Here’s a map of the MVC project’s initial phase (future frontage roads/outside lanes): EDIT: the map isn't showing, so here's a link to it.

I didn’t realize the northern extension was funded past 201, up to California. That’s probably new in the past few months.

JKRhodes:
Interesting. On a side note, I am moving to Utah in a couple of weeks, hence the newfound personal interest in their road systems. Compared to my home state of Arizona, Utah definitely has its own set of unique challenges due to geographical restraints. I see a lot of forward thinking with the Mountain View Corridor and other future freeways.

At the same time, Utah has its work cut out for it with the challenge of building suitable alternatives to I-80 and I-15, going from Salt Lake into Toole and Utah counties respectively.

US 89:
I've recently been made aware of a redesignation of the Mountain View Corridor's 2100 North segment. According to the Online Highway Reference, the 2100 North segment is now designated as SR 194. This appears to be in advance of the opening of the segment between 2100 North/Redwood and SR 73, which will be designated as an extension of SR 85.

This redesignation caught me by surprise, as it was never brought up in a Transportation Commission meeting. It's worth noting that the Legislature still has to officially change these defintions, which will likely happen next month.

The new descriptions for the routes, at least in the HRO, are as follows:

--- Quote from: SR 85 ---From Route 73 in Saratoga Springs northerly via Mountain View Highway to Route 68 at 2100 North in Lehi; then beginning again at Route 68 westerly on Porter Rockwell Blvd; then northerly on Mountain View Hwy to 4100 South
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: SR 194 ---From Route 15 westerly on 2100 North in Lehi to Route 68
--- End quote ---

This also means the weird situation of SR 73 and 145 ending at the same place no longer makes much sense to me. At this point, the two routes really should just be combined into one, and either redesignate the eastern SR 73 segment or delete it entirely.

BigManFromAFRICA88:
Drove down the Redwood Road/Pioneer Crossing route on a bypass of Point of the Mountain and witnessed that construction has started in extending those frontage roads, didn't take pics tho...

The Ghostbuster:
Does anyone know if the Mountain View Corridor has exit numbers? Or whether it will have exit numbers in the future? I prefer roads with interchanges to have numbers (mileage-based, not sequential).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version