News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

old-school streetlight replica at Pittsburgh

Started by Stephane Dumas, February 28, 2009, 02:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I spotted this picture of a old-school streetlight replica at Pittsburgh near a place named Southside Works http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:QuantumI.JPG

I wish to see more of these old-school streetlights, Toronto still got some of them in downtown Toronto I think

yanksfan6129

those lights look nice. I think my town may be getting some for a revitalization project near the train station.

PAHighways

Those were installed all around the retail/residential area known as the Southside Works, which used to be the site of the Jones & Laughlin Steel Company.  Hot Metal Street, which is in that picture, is the path of a former small rail line that would carry molten steel between J&L facilities on both shores of the Mon, hence the name Hot Metal Bridge/Street.

njroadhorse

These are beginning to pop up in many places around PA and NJ
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.