News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Aurora Avenue Corridor in Seattle before US 99/PSH 1

Started by 707, March 27, 2013, 07:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today, I came across an old highway that later became Aurora Avenue (no its not US 99 if that's what you're thinking) which apparently ran through Seattle west of the then-US 99/SR 1 (which took the route of WA 527 and WA 522 at the time). It was called the North Trunk Road and ran along Westlake Avenue N, Freemont Avenue N, N 50th Street, Phinney Avenue N, Greenwood Avenue N, N 85th Street, Aurora Avenue N and eventually split off from Aurora for a short period of time somewhere in present day Shoreline. A section of the original brick road apparently suffices at N 175th Street and Aurora Avenue N in Shoreline (part of which is now Donald Place N). The North Trunk Road eventually "died" when it was straightened out into Aurora Avenue and made into US 99/PSH 1. On a related note, does anyone know where I might be able to find more information on the North Trunk Road?

KEK Inc.

I live in U District, but I'll have to bike over there sometime and check out that route.
Take the road less traveled.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.