News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Proposed connector between US 27 and I-75 in Kentucky

Started by hbelkins, June 25, 2013, 11:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Back in May, the Lexington Herald-Leader published a commentary from a NIMBY who is opposed to the proposed connector route between US 27 in Nicholasville and I-75 at Exit 95 in Madison County.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/05/13/2638058/ky-voices-roads-are-in-decay-why.html

I wrote a response, which was published Monday.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/24/2690223/i-75-road-plan-not-a-waste-of.html

Personally, I think I kicked the NIMBY's ass.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Avalanchez71

I kinda of feel that I may be a sort of a NIMBY.  I am opposing an interchange on I-65.  I like the rural character of the current configuration and I hate that the urban portions are creeping down.

ShawnP

As a native Kentuckian but currently living in Indiana. I will say this road is needed more than say the ICC around Indianapolis. This road would take a lot of traffic off local roads and increase access for those in Jessamine County.

hbelkins

Noted one response to my piece on the H-L site, which indicated that the corridor would primarily be used by trucks heading south on I-75. Not true. With the completion of new US 150 between Stanford and Mt. Vernon, and work ongoing to widen and improve US 27 south of Nicholasville, the best route will be 27 south to 150 east and then hit I-75, not taking the new road.

ibthebigd

I hope it happens. I just hope its south of the Kentucky River where it connects to I-75

SM-G950U

hbelkins

I don't know what the status of this project is now, but it was to tie in to I-75 at Exit 95, which is in Madison County, south of the river, and it would involve a new Kentucky River bridge. If I'm not mistaken, by statute a bridge cannot be built within a certain distance of the Valley View Ferry.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.