Weigh stations on non-Interstate roads

Started by KCRoadFan, February 20, 2024, 10:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Katavia

US 29/74 west of Charlotte, right before the Catawba River bridge. Supposedly used to nail a lot of scale jumpers who were trying to avoid the nearby scales on I-85, though every time I've gone past that area (since mid/late 2010s) it was always marked as closed and seemed to be in varying states of disrepair.
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

wriddle082

Quote from: Katavia on March 07, 2024, 07:52:56 PM
US 29/74 west of Charlotte, right before the Catawba River bridge. Supposedly used to nail a lot of scale jumpers who were trying to avoid the nearby scales on I-85, though every time I've gone past that area (since mid/late 2010s) it was always marked as closed and seemed to be in varying states of disrepair.

When they start to reconstruct the Catawba River bridge (not sure what year they are planning to start), this weigh station will go away for good.  Not sure if a replacement is planned, but they should consider one since it would help to catch the ones trying to avoid the I-85 scales.

freebrickproductions

GA 39 Spur has one between Omaha, GA, and the Alabama state line. Not much too it other than an extra wide paved shoulder on the south side of the road, presumably where the state can set-up a temporary weight station when they feel like it. Don't believe I've ever seen it open.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.1404094,-85.034776,3a,37.4y,109.17h,86.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjcLJtag3xOvH7YSA9N-n_g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.