News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Toll Loop 49 - Tyler bypass

Started by Chris, March 24, 2010, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

The new western segment of TX-49 is now visible in Google Earth due to new imagery.

Tyler is a bigger city than I originally thought, it has over 100,000 people right now.

okroads

I've been studying up on Tyler's highways since I'll be in Tyler next month. I was also surprised at how large it is and just how many highways the city has.

I'm also surprised that U.S. 69 still goes through the center of town; several cities in East Texas route the U.S. highway (and state highways) along the loop.

bugo

Quote from: okroads on March 24, 2010, 12:12:58 PM
I've been studying up on Tyler's highways since I'll be in Tyler next month. I was also surprised at how large it is and just how many highways the city has.

I'm also surprised that U.S. 69 still goes through the center of town; several cities in East Texas route the U.S. highway (and state highways) along the loop.

Loop 323 was a mess 20 years ago.  I hate to imagine how bad it must be now.  That's probably one reason US 69 and 271 (and the Texas highways like 31 and 64) weren't rerouted along the loop. 

agentsteel53

Loop 323 has to be the most hideous excuse for a bypass I've ever seen.  Hello, grade separation, nice to meet you too.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 25, 2010, 07:51:18 PM
Loop 323 has to be the most hideous excuse for a bypass I've ever seen.  Hello, grade separation, nice to meet you too.
Yeah it's terrible.  One of the worst.  It's really only useful as a shortcut from one highway to another.  When I was a kid we always used it to connect from US 271/TX 155 north to TX 110 south when we would visit family in Whitehouse.  A strange feature of Loop 323 is the spur that connects to US 271.  It's signed Loop 323 in one direction and US 271/TX 155 in the other.

Sykotyk

I was in Tyler last year. Horrible, horrible, horrible excuse of a loop.

No wonder they have to build another loop.

Sykotyk

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.