News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Road meet attendance? What's your frequency?

Started by Duke87, August 14, 2019, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Huh.  Could have sworn John Lansford was on here many moons ago.  Maybe I'm thinking of m.t.r.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: oscar on December 22, 2023, 10:02:42 PM
More notably, both John Lansford (never joined this forum) and Scott Kozel (inactive on this forum, Beltway when he was active) were there.

I'm surprised that didn't turn into a physical altercation, given the bad blood between those two.

At my first Pikeville meet, there were a couple of attendees who'd been into a pretty vicious altercation on MTR. For the life of me, I can't remember who they were. I remember they both climbed a hill under the Raccoon Creek bridge to check out the construction, and some of us were joking about "two go up, only one comes down," but nobody came to blows.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on December 23, 2023, 11:02:29 PM
More notably, both John Lansford (never joined this forum) and Scott Kozel (inactive on this forum, Beltway when he was active) were there.

I'm surprised that didn't turn into a physical altercation, given the bad blood between those two.

At my first Pikeville meet, there were a couple of attendees who'd been into a pretty vicious altercation on MTR. For the life of me, I can't remember who they were. I remember they both climbed a hill under the Raccoon Creek bridge to check out the construction, and some of us were joking about "two go up, only one comes down," but nobody came to blows.

You wouldn't be thinking of the two protagonists concerning "I-73 in Ohio" the last couple of months would you?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on December 29, 2023, 01:13:41 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on December 23, 2023, 11:02:29 PM

You wouldn't be thinking of the two protagonists concerning "I-73 in Ohio" the last couple of months would you?

I haven't been reading that thread, but maybe I should.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.