Are you interested in photos of 600 series routes in New Jersey?

Started by dgolub, August 15, 2014, 10:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in seeing photos of 600 series routes?

Yes, definitely.
9 (52.9%)
Yes, for the more major or interesting ones, but don't get too obsessive about it.
5 (29.4%)
Maybe, I'm not sure.
2 (11.8%)
No, I'd rather just see more major roads.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

dgolub

So far, the photos that I've posted to my site from New Jersey only include 500 series county routes.  I was curious as to how much interest there was in pictures of the 600 series routes, or at least some of the more major or interesting ones.  I'd love to hear what you all have to say on the topic.

hotdogPi

The 500 series of routes is major, some of them even more major than state routes. 600 routes are pretty minor, though.

However, if you took the photos already, it would be a waste not to do anything with them.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

CrystalWalrein

They'd actually be pretty interesting to see.

I had a Flickr account where I posted photos of shields for state and county roads in southern New Jersey, including Atlantic County 666. (Someone swiped the shield at its junction at CR 557, sadly, but many years ago the county replaced the shields rather quickly, albeit with patched shields to reduce their value to would-be thieves.)

agentsteel53

a lot of them have old cast-iron signage as they are former state highway alignments.  Steve A has covered a lot of them but I'll bet he's missed some interesting stuff, so I'd be interesting in perusing the 600 series pages.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

dgolub

All right, it looks like most people who responded are in favor.  I'll eventually make a decision as to whether I want to start doing pages for 600 series routes.  On the one hand, there's probably a decent amount of interesting stuff.  On the other hand, the sheer number of 600 series routes is humongous, so up until now I've not gone there in order to limit the scope of the site.  Maybe some sort of middle ground with pages for the more important ones would be the right answer.  We'll see.

ixnay

I voted yes definitely.

In fact, uploading pics of Cape May Co. 657 (South Dennis via Cape May C.H. to Stone Harbor) would bring back memories of late 1986-early 1987 when I had a winter rental in Stone Harbor and commuted to my job in Court House.

ixnay

Jerseyman4

There are a handful of CR 6XX (and even 7XX routes, refer to Creek Rd in Camden County) that are major enough to warrant a page, with a photo or two. Of course, to do every 6XX/7XX in the state would be a major burn out. Select 6XX/7XX routes can get pages while others, just get a brief description.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.