News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

June 27-29 to WI/MI

Started by NWI_Irish96, April 11, 2023, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 30, 2023, 10:24:24 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 30, 2023, 07:20:49 PM
Day 3: June 29 - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, to home

I started off the morning with this view from my hotel room:

Unlike the first two days, the final day of the trip was an interstate-heavy day. Other than the Mackinac Bridge, I'd not been on any of I-75 north of the M-54/M-83 exit, so it was straight down I-75 to Flint with the following deviations:

Quick foray off the Alger exit to venture into Gladwin County
Short trip down US 10/Bus US 10 to get Midland County
The I-676 loop around Saginaw
I-475 through Flint

From Flint I headed east on I-69 to cross the Blue Water Bridge for the first time. Had a quick lunch in Point Edward before heading back to Michigan. The wait to cross here was longer than my other three crossings combined. Next was I-94 down to I-676, one of the two segments of I-94 I was still missing (the other is from St. Paul to St. Cloud, which was skipped over during a western trip so I could visit the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota). My final new interstate mileage of the trip was I-696 from I-94 to I-75, and from there it was I-696, I-274, M-14 and I-94 back home, through lots of construction, traffic, and rain.

It was a lot of driving in three days, but I tend to prefer covering as much mileage as possible per day. Lots can change before next summer, but the current plan is to get the rest of the counties in Wisconsin I'm missing, get I-535 at Duluth, and that section of I-94 I'm missing.
You missed the Zilwaukee Bridge that's always a fun bridge to cross lol.

I actually crossed it twice. I went down to the south end of I-675, took it back around to I-75, and then back south.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Flint1979

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on July 01, 2023, 08:37:33 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on June 30, 2023, 10:24:24 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on June 30, 2023, 07:20:49 PM
Day 3: June 29 - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, to home

I started off the morning with this view from my hotel room:

Unlike the first two days, the final day of the trip was an interstate-heavy day. Other than the Mackinac Bridge, I'd not been on any of I-75 north of the M-54/M-83 exit, so it was straight down I-75 to Flint with the following deviations:

Quick foray off the Alger exit to venture into Gladwin County
Short trip down US 10/Bus US 10 to get Midland County
The I-676 loop around Saginaw
I-475 through Flint

From Flint I headed east on I-69 to cross the Blue Water Bridge for the first time. Had a quick lunch in Point Edward before heading back to Michigan. The wait to cross here was longer than my other three crossings combined. Next was I-94 down to I-676, one of the two segments of I-94 I was still missing (the other is from St. Paul to St. Cloud, which was skipped over during a western trip so I could visit the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota). My final new interstate mileage of the trip was I-696 from I-94 to I-75, and from there it was I-696, I-274, M-14 and I-94 back home, through lots of construction, traffic, and rain.

It was a lot of driving in three days, but I tend to prefer covering as much mileage as possible per day. Lots can change before next summer, but the current plan is to get the rest of the counties in Wisconsin I'm missing, get I-535 at Duluth, and that section of I-94 I'm missing.
You missed the Zilwaukee Bridge that's always a fun bridge to cross lol.

I actually crossed it twice. I went down to the south end of I-675, took it back around to I-75, and then back south.
I've done that loop several times. When you crossed over Shattuck Road you were like 2 miles from me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.