News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by rickmastfan67 - Today at 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Jim on Today at 09:07:24 PMHeading south on I-95 right now, crossing I-695.  Very strange knowing we're so close to the site of  international news story...  The VMS messages are all clear about the closure but the regular signage hasn't been patched or anything yet.  We're late enough today that it looks like both tunnels are free and clear.

Don't think they would have been able to fab patches this fast to be honest.  Probably by the weekend more 'permanent' signage fixes might be ready, if not sometime next week.
Southeast / Re: South Carolina
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 10:00:50 PM
They might start constructing the Interstate 526-to-SC 30 connection next year: https://www.scdotmarkclark.com/the-latest; https://www.live5news.com/2023/12/05/sc-committee-approves-75-million-toward-i-526-extension-includes-stipulation/. Although the new roadway will have interchanges connecting with River Rd. in two locations, it will have an at-grade intersection with Riverland Dr. In addition, the roadway itself will be a four-lane parkway that will not meet Interstate Standards. Therefore, the new roadway, if constructed, will have to be an extension of SC 30 instead of an extension of Interstate 526.
Northeast / Re: SW Pennsylvania
Last post by rickmastfan67 - Today at 09:56:55 PM
Upcoming major projects in WPa.
Off-Topic / Re: Changing one letter of a t...
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:55:07 PM
2024 Road Trip Pans - how you plan to cook your food when camping this year (alternatively, souvenir cookware)

Quote from: Evan_Th on Today at 04:36:22 PMMEW features - fun things your cat does.
I think I associate Mew more with the Pokemon (especially as the sound cats make around here is meow).
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Illinois notes
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on Today at 01:14:29 PMSticker transponders are free in Illinois. Just order one for each car and link it in your account. Not hard.
Transponders are free in NY too (even though we use hard case) with automatic replenishment.  The rationale my parents had basically boiled down to "why should we get two if we don't need two?".
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by Molandfreak - Today at 09:45:48 PM

This extension in Chrome works really well for dark mode on the forum. It also makes the logo much more visible. My issue with the new theme is that it really strained my eyes, so this fixes that issue pretty well.

Thanks @JoePCool14 for letting us know about these extensions.
Mid-South / Re: Austin: IH 35 rebuild
Last post by armadillo speedbump - Today at 09:44:26 PM
The caps only benefit the city of Austin, therefore the city of Austin should pay 100% of the cost of the caps.  It is the wealthiest per capita metro in the state, why should the rest of us pay for a purely aesthetic and snob appeal amenity for them?  Same for any freeway cap, those are solely of very local benefit.  The vast majority of the population would benefit more from those limited tax dollars being spent on expanding and improving the regional road network.
Weather / Re: What's your weather curren...
Last post by 7/8 - Today at 09:39:14 PM
It's currently 10C (49F) and mostly cloudy here in Vancouver, BC. There was on and off rain throughout the afternoon, but that didn't stop us from walking and exploring the city! Next two days look dryer and hopefully it'll be sunny on Saturday.
Mid-South / Re: TX: US 81/287 Upgrades in ...
Last post by armadillo speedbump - Today at 09:37:35 PM
That intersection is perfectly fine, if one is not in a hurry, intoxicated, or high.  The wide median provides a 60' haven for cross traffic between the nb lanes and the sb left turn lane (and vice-versa.)

And, no, traffic counts aren't even close to requiring upgrade to a freeway.  I've never encountered a slowdown in that rural stretch, unless 1 lane was closed for construction work.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: NEW features
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: kphoger on Today at 07:51:05 PMOf course, I almost always am only using a smiley if I'm quoting someone else's post, and I always click [PREVIEW] when quoting, to make sure nothing went awry...
Fun fact: quotes actually render correctly in rich text view, which can be toggled from quick reply (although the button is instead labeled as the default-on "source view").

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.