News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Same control for different roads

Started by roadman65, August 06, 2023, 04:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

Quote from: Flint1979 on August 16, 2023, 07:49:52 AM
Quote from: SkyPesos on August 07, 2023, 08:38:08 PM
Both I-80 and I-480 WB are signed for Cleveland at where I-480 exits from I-80 (Streesboro is OH 14's control city). I would change I-80 WB's control city to Toledo at this point.
I think I would have gone with Toledo too since I-480 goes to Cleveland and I-80 does not even enter Cleveland proper at all.

For the longest time, the overhead pull-throughs used to use THRU TRAFFIC as the control, but OTC has s-l-o-w-l-y (at a glacier's pace) been converting them to actual control cities.  That one likely slipped through the cracks.

Another option is to list the exit as Cleveland/Eastern Suburbs as it is a bit easier to continue on the turnpike to access downtown and the Western 'burbs. Plus, this is pretty much the only logical exit to reach the East Suburbs via freeways as even SR-8 would involve some backtracking and/or extra driving time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.