US 466 series (history of highway designations over Hoover Dam)

Started by Max Rockatansky, June 19, 2023, 08:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Considering US 466 was approved years before Hoover Dam was even finished it seemed like a worthy headliner for the blog I did on highway designations over Hoover Dam.  I'm fairly certain there isn't much out there on NV 26, NV 42, US 66A and US 93X:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2023/06/legacy-of-us-route-466-part-4-hoover-dam.html

The Ghostbuster

US 466 probably should have been retracted to Barstow when US 93 was extended to Kingman, AZ in 1935. With the Barstow-to-Las Vegas, and the Las-Vegas-to-Kingman segments co-designated with other US routes (US 91 and US 93) was unnecessary duplication in my opinion (I feel the same way about the former US 60/US 70 duplex for most of the length between Los Angeles, CA and Globe, AZ).

Max Rockatansky

Considering how unhappy California was with the prospect of a Barstow-Morro Bay US 466 in 1933 I couldn't see that happening.  The whole push for US 64 via giant multiplex spawning US 466 is bizarre.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.