News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-240 extension in Oklahoma City

Started by Bobby5280, July 29, 2021, 11:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

I always thought even prefixes can be used for loops or connecting to another interstate and both ends and even a 3di.
Both proposed I-344 and I-335 could technically being even.
I'm not familiar with the proposed I-344 and the I-240 interchange but what about extending I-240 even further around the NW side of the city up to I-35 in the northside.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

triplemultiplex

Read back in this thread. That was OKDOT's original pitch:  Make 240 loop all the way around, ride 44 to the Kickapoo, and back south to 40.

But then they shifted gears to this stupid 344 bullshit to service some made up rule about numbering turnpikes in their state.  And now I hate it.  I'd rather there be no 3di than this idiocy.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Scott5114

Now just imagine if all of your life was affected by decision-making of this caliber, and you know what it's like to live in Oklahoma.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Still, it's better than Texas's ongoing infatuation with letter suffixes.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Bobby5280

I'm not so sure about that. Still kind of expecting to see an "End I-240" post sign at the traffic signal of OK-152 and SW 59th Street. Then maybe Tulsa will have an I-364 loop despite its parent route ending over 350 miles away in St Louis. But that's how the OTA rolls.

jdingus

So will they have to redo all the exit numbers on I-240 as well?

The Ghostbuster

They very likely will have to renumber 240's exits, with each exit likely increasing by 6 or 7 digits. They should also reconfigure the Interstate 44/Interstate 240 East interchange so that Interstate 44 traffic doesn't have to exit to stay on 44. The Interstate 44/OK 152 West interchange should also be reconfigured so that all exit and entrance ramps are on the right-hand side. Finally, the John Kilpatrick Turnpike should get rid of their mile markers that are in the 100s.

vdeane

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 02, 2024, 03:16:44 PMThey very likely will have to renumber 240's exits, with each exit likely increasing by 6 or 7 digits
So current exit 3 might become exit 3000000?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

The Ghostbuster

I mean 6 or 7 digits higher than they already are (e.g. Exit 3 becomes Exit 9 or Exit 10). I would have thought that was obvious.

Scott5114

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 03, 2024, 02:23:11 PMI mean 6 or 7 digits higher than they already are (e.g. Exit 3 becomes Exit 9 or Exit 10). I would have thought that was obvious.

Nobody ever words that in that way. The word "digits" refers to numerical characters, not their value. If someone says "The temperature today will hit triple digits" nobody thinks it's going to be 3°.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.