News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AR 10 Little Rock: Concept to Reality!

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, November 27, 2017, 03:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

So, I came across this video, regarding plans to widen AR 10 to several lanes east and west. They have constructed an interchange ramp connecting AR 10 to I-430. Now, the concept video could still reflect some changes in the orgininal plans (if any). The ramp appears to be apart of the video.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 27, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
So, I came across this video, regarding plans to widen AR 10 to several lanes east and west. They have constructed an interchange ramp connecting AR 10 to I-430. Now, the concept video could still reflect some changes in the orgininal plans (if any). The ramp appears to be apart of the video.

At the risk of a nit-pick, AR 10 already connects to 430, but a newly opened ramp eliminates having to turn left from WB 10 to NB 430. ARDOT was doing live feeds a couple months ago of blowing up the hillside for the new ramp ;)

Given that, 10 does need some improvements
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on November 27, 2017, 04:06:25 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 27, 2017, 03:52:06 PM

At the risk of a nit-pick, AR 10 already connects to 430, but a newly opened ramp eliminates having to turn left from WB 10 to NB 430. ARDOT was doing live feeds a couple months ago of blowing up the hillside for the new ramp ;)

Given that, 10 does need some improvements
Yes, I know 10 connects to I-430, just poor sentence consturction.

Now, the concept shows a varying number (overall, 6 to 8 lanes) of lanes starting from and ending at certain intersections. The concept shows an 8 to 6 lane widening from certain points. Really, 10 seems to have right turn issues, becase they also want to construct a C/D ramp for the I-430 North ramp. Also, further up, there is a cross over point for traffic making a left turn on to North Rodney Parham Rd. I forget what the configuration is called (not a DDI), but it relieves congestion of traffic needing to make a left turn further up.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

As of today, 11/28/2017, they appear to be installing and lefting in place four possible signal heads and a protected left turn.

Here is a more in-depth look at ARDOT's plans. A 'Single-point urban interchange alternative'.

Also, check out this video taken by Interstate 411 driving the new ramp!

interstate411

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 28, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Thank's for the mention.     :cool:

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: interstate411 on November 28, 2017, 09:21:45 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 28, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Thank's for the mention.     :cool:
No problem! :thumbsup: I figured you were on here from the content you produce or you were just solo.

I also find it funny that you joined today! Welcome and enjoy!

TheArkansasRoadgeek

THe new ramp looks awesome! :awesomeface:. It looks quite steep; I got to see it going northbound on 430.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Google has mapped out the new ramp with a directional path (shows with arrows which way traffic travels). I thought I saw the GSV car on the traffic camera setup by the ramp, but unlikely. Soon though. :bigass: :awesomeface:

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 30, 2017, 10:25:20 AM
THe new ramp looks awesome! :awesomeface:. It looks quite steep; I got to see it going northbound on 430.

Extra gravity to pick up speed ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on November 30, 2017, 03:03:26 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 30, 2017, 10:25:20 AM

Extra gravity to pick up speed ;)
Makes sense! I think the MSE exaggerates it, to be honest...

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.