News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Underrated Songs

Started by roadman65, May 30, 2022, 10:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Songs you think that should have received more fame than it did.

Personally I think The Song Is Over by The Who  should have received more airplay than it did.

Then Absolute Beginners by David Bowie should have been up there with the rest of his played work.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

"Never Gonna Give You Up"  I brought up in another thread.  Another that I absolutely love is "Somebody's Watching Me"  by Rockwell.  A lot of the song background vocals is actually sung by Michael Jackson.  I've found the lyrics to be personally pretty applicable to numerous career situations, especially during the height of COVID-19 restrictions. 

7/8

I'll base "underrated" mostly on number of Spotify listens.

• It Came Out of the Sky by CCR. I've never heard this song on the radio, but I think it's one of their best ones.
  • The Lady Lies by Genesis. One of the lowest songs by listens on And Then There Were Three..., which I'd argue is their most underrated album.
  • Thela Hun Ginjeet by King Crimson. One of my favourite songs by them is only only 5/7 in listens on the album Discipline.
  • Fiction by Kygo. One of my favourites from the album Cloud Nine, but is near the bottom on listens.
  • Down by the Seaside by Led Zeppelin. I think one of their best songs, but is relatively low on listens.
  • Zephyr by Madeon. I'm surprised this has so few listens on the album Adventure.
  • Trying to Feel Alive by Porter Robinson. Spotify says it has the least listens of all the songs on the album Nurture even though I'd put it in the top half on a great album.
  • Municipality (from Days) and Primitive (from Atlas) by Real Estate. Both of these should be in their top songs, and I'd argue the band themselves are underrated.
  • Middletown Dreams by Rush. One of my favourite songs by them, but has relatively low listens and I can't remember hearing it on the radio.
  • Morningrise by Slowdive. Such a cool song, but is really low on listens.
  • Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift. One of my favourites off the album Fearless, but is in the bottom half of listens.
  • One Tree Hill by U2. It's in the bottom half of listens on The Joshua Tree, and I've only heard it once on the radio (fittingly on SiriusXM Deep Tracks), but it seems good enough for mainstream radio to me.

thspfc

Lil Nas X has been making very good music over the last couple years. Despite the success of his recent album, I think some still feel he's a one-hit wonder after Old Town Road (the top song of 2019). But I don't even like Old Town Road, I just like his newer music.

Florida Georgia Line has lots of underrated songs.

Juice WRLD's best song IMO is Fine China, though that's not one to listen to around your family.

Boston's 1976 album is dominated by More Than A Feeling but there are lots of other good ones in that album.

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 30, 2022, 11:15:50 AM
"Never Gonna Give You Up"  I brought up in another thread.  Another that I absolutely love is "Somebody's Watching Me"  by Rockwell.  A lot of the song background vocals is actually sung by Michael Jackson.  I've found the lyrics to be personally pretty applicable to numerous career situations, especially during the height of COVID-19 restrictions.
Huh.  I liked "Somebody's Watching Me" better when I was a kid.  When I listen to it now, his weak performance sort of grates on me.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

zachary_amaryllis

"Pale Shelter" by Tears for Fears, and several other tracks from "The Hurting". This album is best known for "Mad World", but has a lot of cool stuff on it from really before they got famous.

"Love Action" by Human League, a song from the album "Dare". Also lots of cool B-side stuff that you didn't know you liked.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

XamotCGC

Pale Shelter" by Tears for Fears is a banger of a song. 🤘
Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

Takumi

"Whir"  by the Smashing Pumpkins. I've thought it could have been a single for awhile now. It's one of those songs you could hear while walking through a hardware store or something.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.