News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

__________ is/are underrated.

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 03, 2022, 03:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on November 20, 2022, 10:00:54 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 20, 2022, 08:47:30 AM
(I note our master bathroom toilet has a lighted seat, too, which makes it particularly easy to tell.)

This is a thing? I had no idea, and now I want one.

Nightlights...not just for kids anymore. I do enjoy them in the hotel bathrooms that include them (the under-light switch method is the least obtrusive).

Rothman

We use the holder and keep toilet paper rolls on the back of the tank.

My wife isn't particular about me leaving the seat up, but I am pretty good about putting it back down.  If anything, I still joke about women refusing to look where they sit.  They must sit in all sorts of stuff.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

(I note our master bathroom toilet has a lighted seat, too, which makes it particularly easy to tell.)

We have the Kohler Nightlight lighted toilet seat. Got it at Home Depot; it was $5 more than the standard model. It uses four AA batteries to power the light (I use rechargeable batteries and I wipe them down when it's time to recharge) and the light is on for about ten hours each night–you turn it on the first night when you want it to go on and it then turns on automatically at that time each night and turns off automatically the next morning. We generally don't bother adjusting the on/off times for DST, either.

Note that if you're picturing a seat with lights in the seat, sort of like a glowing halo or similar, you would be disappointed. There is a blue light at the back underneath the seat that casts a blue glow that is visible regardless of whether the seat and the lid are up or down; it allows you to see the seat's position and to see the toilet bowl.

Edited to add: Prior to getting this seat, we tried a clip-on device called a "Glow Bowl," but it stopped working within two months. Right around the same time, the old toilet seat on that toilet cracked and that's when I discovered that Kohler makes lighted seats.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

When you open a package of candy, and it randomly happens to contain none of your least favorite flavor.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on November 23, 2022, 03:51:17 PM
When you open a package of candy, and it randomly happens to contain none of your least favorite flavor.

Occasionally, I'll buy one of those boxes Frito-Lay has that has an assortment of lunch-size bags of chips. (I find it easier to not overeat that way.) During the pandemic, I got one of them home before I noticed a sticker that basically said that due to the pandemic, the flavor distribution was likely to be wonky. I opened the box and it contained one of each flavor advertised and then they filled the rest of the box with Doritos. Now, I like Doritos, but man, that was a lot of Doritos.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kurumi

I'll go literal and say _ is underrated in Python.

_, results = func(args) is a canonical way of letting other devs (and IDEs, etc.) know that you are discarding a return value.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Scott5114

Python programmers make fun of Perl's punctuation variables, then re-invent them. :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 23, 2022, 05:01:44 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 23, 2022, 03:51:17 PM

Occasionally, I'll buy one of those boxes Frito-Lay has that has an assortment of lunch-size bags of chips. (I find it easier to not overeat that way.) During the pandemic, I got one of them home before I noticed a sticker that basically said that due to the pandemic, the flavor distribution was likely to be wonky. I opened the box and it contained one of each flavor advertised and then they filled the rest of the box with Doritos. Now, I like Doritos, but man, that was a lot of Doritos.

I think I would have enjoyed that. I like Doritos but not so much Cheetos or Fritos or barbecue flavored potato chips.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

skluth

Quote from: formulanone on November 20, 2022, 10:27:05 AM

Nightlights...not just for kids anymore. I do enjoy them in the hotel bathrooms that include them (the under-light switch method is the least obtrusive).

I pack a nightlight in my suitcase when traveling and plug it into the hotel bathroom electric socket so I don't have to turn on any lights to find the bathroom.

formulanone

Easily compacting a seemingly full trash can with a paper plate, and getting about 50% more space.

skluth

Walking into any business and hearing a song you really like (and not a cover/Muzak version) come over the sound system.

MultiMillionMiler

The Jersey Turnpike.

Underrated but overpriced.

Max Rockatansky

The peaceful period on the forum between Flat Illinois and MMM.

CoreySamson

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2022, 08:39:04 PM
It seems that this forum goes between alternating sequences of war and peace. We seem to be in a double sided war right now.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: CoreySamson on November 26, 2022, 10:53:02 PM
It seems that this forum goes between alternating sequences of war and peace. We seem to be in a double sided war right now.

What's the second front?

CoreySamson

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 27, 2022, 12:20:27 AM

What's the second front?
Poiponen13's ideas (more like thought experiments) that the US should be building new islands, creating new jade mass transit lines, and putting robot tigers in the median of roundabouts.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kirbykart

^Or cities called Ghhhhhjjjkjkjkjkjklkkkjjj.

formulanone

Pax Olivetum

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Pax Plana Illinois

Quote from: CoreySamson on November 27, 2022, 01:06:31 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 27, 2022, 12:20:27 AM

What's the second front?
Poiponen13's ideas (more like thought experiments) that the US should be building new islands, creating new jade mass transit lines, and putting robot tigers in the median of roundabouts.

Indeed the shadows have lengthened and the second front has opened:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=32507.0

webny99

Pineapple. It's the best fruit by a wide margin.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on December 08, 2022, 02:55:45 PM

I don't know about that but it does go great on pizza.

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 08, 2022, 02:58:52 PM

But that would mean it's warm. I like it much better cut and eaten fresh.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on December 08, 2022, 03:03:15 PM

I eat pineapple stand-alone and poki bowls cold.  It's fine but I prefer oranges over pineapple in a stand-alone or cold fruit situation.

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 08, 2022, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 08, 2022, 03:03:15 PM

I eat pineapple stand-alone and poki bowls cold.  It's fine but I prefer oranges over pineapple in a stand-alone or cold fruit situation.

I don't mind oranges taste-wise, but prefer pineapple because it's less stringy and easier to eat when cut.

And canned mandarin oranges made me gag as a kid, which I think still affects my enjoyment of oranges.

kphoger

Pineapple is amazing, but it gives my mouth sores more readily than other fruits.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.