News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Songs that instantly seem like you've known them forever

Started by webny99, May 06, 2021, 12:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

What songs did you hear and they instantly seemed like you'd known them forever?

These could also be songs that brought back memories of times before you even knew the song.. almost like the song was part of you before you knew it existed. Here are my top three, all first heard within the last year or so: Electric Light Orchestra - Calling America, Alan Walker - The Spectre, Coldplay - Clocks

Big John

mgk920

'Calling America' is a classic 1980s song that I thought was older than 1986 (for the longest time I thought that it was from the early 1980s).  Props if you can identify the USA city in the satellite image at about 1:13 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_XsOUC9s0

Mike

kevinb1994

I'll third Calling America by ELO-though I'm not sure which American city is at 1:13 in the music video!

mgk920

Quote from: kevinb1994 on May 06, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
I'll third Calling America by ELO-though I'm not sure which American city is at 1:13 in the music video!

It is Sioux Falls, SD.  Mirror image and then rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise.  In that image, I-29 is across the top, I-90 is on the left and I-229 is at the bottom and around to the right.

Mike

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

kevinb1994

Quote from: mgk920 on May 10, 2021, 03:57:58 AM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on May 06, 2021, 04:39:01 PM

It is Sioux Falls, SD.  Mirror image and then rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise.  In that image, I-29 is across the top, I-90 is on the left and I-229 is at the bottom and around to the right.

Mike
Huh. Thanks.

texaskdog

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna bring me down!

TheGrassGuy

GaryV

^  What, you couldn't find a link to a recording of it?   :sleep:

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: texaskdog on May 10, 2021, 07:44:04 PM
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna bring me down!

this makes me want to thump a tub, for some weird reason.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

texaskdog

The funny ones for me are ones I've never heard.  I've heard a lot of Bowie, had one of his compilations, and I'd never heard Starman until last year.  Even though it's been in several movies!

TheGrassGuy

A lot of songs by Statler Brothers are like that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.