Article from the Wall Street Journal supporting raising speed limits

Started by deathtopumpkins, March 17, 2010, 10:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Came across this today... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704688604575125510326010610.html

A few things may be a bit off in it, but I like how someone with influence is finally agreeing that people drive a specific speed despite what is posted, not a specific amount above the limit.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

realjd

roadfro

I'd be interested to read the full report. Particularly, a breakdown of what certain speed limits are and an what the measured speeds were.

I noted that they used "average" speed to describe their speed survey findings. This means that the 85th percentile speed, which is supposed to be used for setting speed limits according to various engineering handbooks and guidelines, would likely be higher than those indicated in the article.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.