News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The Final Stretch

Started by BigMattFromTexas, July 18, 2009, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

What in yall opinions feel like the longest stretches but really aren't on road-trips? I have alot of em'.
Here they are:
US 87 - Eldorado, Tx to San Angelo
West Iowa 3 - I-35 till Clarion, Ia
More to come after i get my Texas map.
BigMatt

BigMattFromTexas

Okay so your in the car and you know you only have say 10 miles till your destination, but in the car it feels like hours. any easier for ya?
BigMatt

dislocatedkid

US-71 South from Blackduck, MN to Bemidji....ugh  :ded:

Chris

Always the last 30 miles to home... because I've driven there numerous times and it's boring, and there isn't a freeway from the east and I have to pass through clogged towns the last 30 miles if I come from Germany.

Bryant5493

I-20 east of Anniston to the Alabama-Georgia state line.
I-20 between Meridian and Tuscaloosa.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

Hellfighter

The Seney Stretch in the UP. M-28 between M-77 and M-94. 25 Miles long and flat at 55 makes it feel more than twice the difference.

Duke87

Quote from: BigMatt on July 18, 2009, 10:35:13 PM
Okay so your in the car and you know you only have say 10 miles till your destination, but in the car it feels like hours.

Sooo... the Cross Bronx, then?  :spin:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

njroadhorse

PA 512, PA 611, and NJ 94 between Bethlehem, PA and Newton, NJ
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Alps

I-80 coming back from PA.  Especially in PA, but also western Jersey, just drags on like the dickens.

mefailenglish

I-10 between Lake City and Jacksonville.  That forest just seems to go on forever!

luokou

Any freeway in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. Not just because of the 24-hour traffic jams, but driving through such a sprawling sub/urban landscape feels like you're getting nowhere fast. This is especially true for I-5.

mightyace

When heading to my dad's house, the stretch of I-80 between the rest area east of the PA 880 exit and US 15.  Since I'm usually traversing this at night, the beautiful trees just seems like a wall.  The only break is the no-services, no-nothing Mile Run exit.  Plus, blink and you'll miss it!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Bryant5493

I-65 between Montgomery and Mobile. By the Ancients!

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

mightyace

Quote from: Bryant5493 on July 19, 2009, 11:05:45 PM

Be well,

Bryant

I'll second that.

The trees come right up to the highways so there's not much you can see!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Scott5114

I-35 between Wichita and Emporia KS. Yes, the Flint Hills are lovely, but if you've been through them twice then they're just pretentiously dull. Add to the fact there is very little to read in the form of exit signs and you just get worn out. I always find myself staring at the mileposts mentally subtracting them from 127 (the exit number for the interchange where I-35 exits off the Kansas Turnpike and thus out of the Flint Hills).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jdb1234

For me:

I-10 from Lake City to Pensacola

Florida's Turnpike from Orlando to Port St. Lucie

US 78/I-22 from Tupelo to Memphis

agentsteel53

I-5 through the central valley gets awful long sometimes!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

74/171FAN

US 501 from Conway to Myrtle Beach
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Greybear

For me, going to my former home in Greenville, it was the stretch of I-30 Westbound from Sulphur Springs into Greenville itself.

When I drove to Little Rock to visit my grandparents, the stretch of I-30 Eastbound from Exit 106 (Old Military Road) to Exit 126 (County Line Road/Alexander) was the longest to me.

TheStranger

I-80 between Davis and West Sacramento - about 6 or 7 miles but seems like an eternity.
Chris Sampang

Hellfighter

Be well,

Bryant

You're quite right about that. I was on that stretch years ago and it felt like an eternity.

corco

I-76 from E-470 to I-80.

I can't imagine a more boring two hours

BigMattFromTexas

Quote from: mightyace on July 19, 2009, 11:12:45 PM

Be well,

Bryant

I'll second that.

The trees come right up to the highways so there's not much you can see!
I love when the trees are like right next to the highway

Mr_Northside

In my limited personal experience (meaning stretches I've dealt with), I'm gonna say I-71 between the southern junction of I-270 @ Columbus, until you get near the development in the Cincy metro area.  (And if I find that to be quite tedious, I can just imagine how bored I'd be driving thru some of the Great Plains states)

It's been over a decade since I've been on it, but I recall I-90 between Erie & Buffalo to be fairly boring, once the novelty of being close to the lake wears off.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

exit322

Quote from: Mr_Northside on July 23, 2009, 10:37:36 AM
In my limited personal experience (meaning stretches I've dealt with), I'm gonna say I-71 between the southern junction of I-270 @ Columbus, until you get near the development in the Cincy metro area.  (And if I find that to be quite tedious, I can just imagine how bored I'd be driving thru some of the Great Plains states)

It's been over a decade since I've been on it, but I recall I-90 between Erie & Buffalo to be fairly boring, once the novelty of being close to the lake wears off.

I tell you what, I've been on some of the roads on this list, and I-71 between Grove City and Kings Island is right up there on the "snoozefest."  For the most part, I-71 between Polaris and Medina is pretty boring, too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.