News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

VA/I-66 being studied for HOT/toll lanes

Started by Stephane Dumas, October 01, 2010, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I saw this article from Tollroadnews http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4917  mainly the section from I-495 to US-29 at Gainesville.

74/171FAN

It will probably be a long while for this to happen given that I-66 near Gainesville was just widened from 4 to 8 lanes and of course the costs to redo all the interchanges and bridges.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

froggie

Not necessarily...they could do a HO/T conversion similar to what was done on I-394 and I-35W in the Minneapolis area.  The conversion only took a few months.

I know through MWCOG (the local MPO) that the idea is being studied, but it's taking a lot lower priority to the I-95/395 HO/T lane project, and even an extension of the Beltway HO/T lanes up to the American Legion Bridge.

Lastly, this is yet another reason I take tollroadsnews.com with a grain of salt...first he doesn't cite any sources, second he includes his own opinions as if they were part of the official story.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.