News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famartin

Quote from: bluecountry on October 08, 2022, 07:21:00 PM
When is the awful mess of I-95 south of Philly going to be finished?

You mean in Wilmington? Or the paving project in Delaware County?

Alps

Quote from: famartin on October 08, 2022, 08:53:46 PM

Everything from the PA line north to Exit 8 has been a disaster. My take is because they have to maintain 3 lanes each way, it takes a very long time to get anything done.

famartin

Quote from: Alps on October 08, 2022, 11:22:44 PM

Everything from the PA line north to Exit 8 has been a disaster. My take is because they have to maintain 3 lanes each way, it takes a very long time to get anything done.

PennDOT seems to run that project (and many paving projects) far less efficiently than other organizations, even PTC does much better.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: famartin on October 09, 2022, 12:02:53 AM

PennDOT seems to run that project (and many paving projects) far less efficiently than other organizations, even PTC does much better.

I don't know what they've done other than mill and repave; certainly could be some other stuff going on.  But it really is taking a long time to do whatever it is they're doing.

jemacedo9

Its not just a simple mill and repave...its a rehab, so they are cutting out deteriorated sections of the old concrete underneath and refilling with new concrete, and then repaving...all while keeping 3 lanes open at least weekday days.

74/171FAN

I've been posting about nighttime lane and ramp closures on the I-95 Delaware County project in the general PA thread.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 6 News: Line Striping Planned Next Week on Callowhill Street in Philadelphia

QuotePennDOT's contractor will be performing final line markings on the bridge deck. At the completion of the line markings traffic will be able to travel in both directions on Callowhill Street from 15th Street to Broad Street (Route 611).

The way I am reading this is that part of Callowhill St is becoming two-way.

Chris19001

Quote from: 74/171FAN on November 17, 2022, 12:52:36 PM
PennDOT - District 6 News: Line Striping Planned Next Week on Callowhill Street in Philadelphia

QuotePennDOT's contractor will be performing final line markings on the bridge deck. At the completion of the line markings traffic will be able to travel in both directions on Callowhill Street from 15th Street to Broad Street (Route 611).

The way I am reading this is that part of Callowhill St is becoming two-way.

Yes, that's not a big deal.  It's a one block segment to the west of Broad Street.  The portion west of 15th street is already 2 way, so this just continues it to Broad.
The problem will likely be that police cars somehow block it up with only 1 lane per way, as that's the new policy headquarters on that block...  (we'll see)

Tonytone

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 09, 2022, 01:28:02 AM

I don't know what they've done other than mill and repave; certainly could be some other stuff going on.  But it really is taking a long time to do whatever it is they're doing.

When's the last time you drove through? they took the old barrier wall out, put a new higher one in while doing concrete work on the bridges and fixing all guard rails, along with redoing the concrete sections under the roadway, and repaving.

Fixing all old signs, line strips, reflectors and all.

They basically did a whole major Rehab on the road from the Delaware line to The Airport. Something we can all attest that the portion through Chester needed badly, those broken green reflectors on the barriers were sad to look at now they are gone and the ones that have stayed have been replaced.
Promoting Cities since 1998!

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Tonytone on November 18, 2022, 02:16:04 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 09, 2022, 01:28:02 AM

When's the last time you drove through? they took the old barrier wall out, put a new higher one in while doing concrete work on the bridges and fixing all guard rails, along with redoing the concrete sections under the roadway, and repaving.

Fixing all old signs, line strips, reflectors and all.

They basically did a whole major Rehab on the road from the Delaware line to The Airport. Something we can all attest that the portion through Chester needed badly, those broken green reflectors on the barriers were sad to look at now they are gone and the ones that have stayed have been replaced.

I was thru there last Friday.  I'll take a look next time I'm in the area.  Didn't notice the new concrete barrier and such so I'll eyeball it a bit more in the future.

74/171FAN

odditude

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For I-95)   PennDOT - District 6 News: PennDOT Begins Project to Reconstruct I-95 at the Bridge Street Interchange in Philadelphia

Apparently the existing 27 point may eventually be marked as closed in Travel Mapping.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 6 News: Sign Installation, Pavement Repair Planned Monday Night on I-95 in Northeast Philadelphia

QuoteKing of Prussia, PA - The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that overhead sign installation and pavement repairs are planned next week on Interstate 95 in Northeast Philadelphia under the $79 million Section BS1 project to improve the highway at the Bridge Street Interchange.

Motorists are advised of the following travel restriction:

Monday, December 19, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, double lane closures will be in place on northbound and southbound I-95 between the Cottman Avenue and Bridge Street interchanges.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area or use an alternate route because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.

The Section BS1 contract is reconstructing I-95 between Levick and Carver streets at the northern end of the Bridge Street Interchange through spring 2023. Construction has shifted to the median area.

At the completion of Section BS1, mainline construction will get underway for Section BS2 widening and reconstruction between Carver and Margaret streets, which also includes relocation of the Bridge Street Interchange ramps and surface street improvements in the interchange area.

To learn more about PennDOT's I-95 reconstruction and improvement program, visit www.95revive.com.

Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

For a complete list of construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, visit the District 6 Traffic Bulletin.

Information about infrastructure in District 6, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.pa.gov/D6Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.

Subscribe to PennDOT District 6 news and traffic alerts at www.penndot.pa.gov/District6.

Follow PennDOT on Twitter and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Rudolph, 610-205-6800

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.