News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

We hit 1 million posts on AAroads!

Started by Roadgeekteen, March 25, 2022, 04:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Just a cool factoid, I just realized that we now have 1,012,579 posts on the forum, which means that we hit one million recently. That's kind hard to believe NGL lol.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alps

once we delete your account we'll be much closer to 1,000,000

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

Does anyone know why the URLs are in the 2.7 million range?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: 1 on March 25, 2022, 05:34:20 PM
Does anyone know why the URLs are in the 2.7 million range?

Around 1.7 million posts may have been deleted or else hidden.

For what it's worth, this post by US 89 is the millionth post.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 25, 2022, 05:43:26 PM
For what it's worth, this post by US 89 is the millionth post.

The millionth post was about posts...how meta.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Technically, we're over 2.72 Million posts all time (look at the individual post URLs, as this one happens to be 2,720,853).  Then again, that might also account for times we've split topics (& maybe even moving threads) and the posts probably got new numbers in the database.

hotdogPi

The post numbers are definitely moving slower than the thread numbers. I believe thread 25000 was around post 2.4 million (first two digits were nearly the same), but the thread numbers are significantly into the 3s, while the post numbers aren't.

There was a similar issue with users where between two specific dates, that I can't check while I'm not at home June 8, 2011 to September 8, 2013, the user numbers were increasing rapidly (and it showed as such in the now-hidden forum stats).
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jeffandnicole

After we remove the DST, Alanland and Ask me Anything threads, we only have about 37 posts here.

webny99

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 25, 2022, 07:59:37 PM
After we remove the DST, Alanland and Ask me Anything threads, we only have about 37 posts here.

37 x 10,000 might be pretty accurate if you include spillover from those threads in other threads.  :D

JoePCool14

Road Sign UNO might be the longest thread on the forum. Remove that one and you might go under 1 million.  :awesomeface:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Scott5114

I wonder, if you looked at all of the photos of road signs on this site, and counted up all of the posts they were mounted on, if you would reach 1,000,000 posts.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 26, 2022, 12:24:01 AM
I wonder, if you looked at all of the photos of road signs on this site, and counted up all of the posts they were mounted on, if you would reach 1,000,000 posts.

I'm pretty sure one would reach that number in just a few long-running threads.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.