News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

My recent road trip to Madison, WI (2/4)

Started by boilerup25, February 04, 2024, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boilerup25

I went to Madison, WI to watch a basketball game between the Wisconsin Badgers and my Purdue Boilermakers. The route was as follows:

From West Lafayette to Madison: I-65 NB, I-80/I-94 WB, I-294 NB, I-90 WB, US 12/US 18 WB, US 151

From Madison to West Lafayette: Same route in reverse.

What I got out of this trip was not just a Purdue victory, but seeing more construction progress at I-490 in the western part of O'Hare.

Some trip photos:

Square US shield in Madison:

I-490/I-90 interchange construction:

I-90 WB to I-490 SB:

I-490 bridge:

Sign for I-490 SB from I-90 EB reversed until the road is open (excuse the poor quality):

Transcribed: TOLL SOUTH I-490 <-

Covered BGS for I-490 SB from I-90 EB:

Konza

Nice win for our Boilermakers.

There are lots of creative ways to travel between West Lafayette and Madison, and lots of great places to stop along the way.  Personally I am disinclined to come back the same way I went out.  Glad you got to make the trip.

Please continue to Boiler the eff Up!
Main Line Interstates clinched:  2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 37, 39, 43, 44, 45, 55, 57, 59, 65, 68, 71, 72, 74 (IA-IL-IN-OH), 76 (OH-PA-NJ), 78, 80, 82, 86 (ID), 88 (IL)

boilerup25

Quote from: Konza on February 04, 2024, 11:56:38 PM
Nice win for our Boilermakers.

There are lots of creative ways to travel between West Lafayette and Madison, and lots of great places to stop along the way.  Personally I am disinclined to come back the same way I went out.  Glad you got to make the trip.

Please continue to Boiler the eff Up!

Thank you! It was a rough and ugly game at times, but our Boilers pulled through. I was also glad to see the I-490 construction with my own eyes, especially an interesting find with my first I-490 road sign sighting in Illinois.

While the Interstate route was the fastest as I was in a charter bus for this with the Purdue student section, I found some of the creative routes you mentioned as well as great stops. For the interstate route, Chicago would seem obvious, but that would push it a little much. Elgin, Rockford, and Janesville definitely seem doable. And so does the Albanese factory. And for the creative routes, there are so many to count.

mgk920

I still miss the now prohibited in the MUTCD  "(Direction) Tollway" text on the BGSes on the ISTHA system . . .

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.