News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Sign changes submitted to DOT by roadgeeks that actually got changed

Started by FLRoads, March 21, 2009, 01:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

I tried to get Waukesha County to sign the gap of Hwy VV in Sussex. Does not look like I was successful at that.

rickmastfan67

I'd like to believe it was me that got FDOT to fix US-1 & US-90's routing in Jacksonville, FL during the Overland Bridge project.

For awhile, they had both US routes on the surface streets between the Main Street Bridge and Atlantic Blvd, when they were both suppose to be going onto the I-95 C/D lanes in that area.  Their own GIS showed that, & the AASHTO log showed it too.

So, I mentioned it awhile back when the first plans came out for that project (especially since it included signage plans).  I even got them to post FL-5 in that area, which was what US-1/US-90 improperly traveled on, even though at first they said they weren't going to post FL-5 (but fix US-1/90).

JoePCool14

I've got another successful change under my belt.

I recently wrote to ISTHA about the ramp from SB 294 to EB 90. Two lanes become one at the top of the bridge over 294, but there was no lane drop signage on the whole ramp. I was pleased that within a week of my message, multiple Lane Ends signs were placed on the ramp. This was genuinely needed signage: due to the vertical crest, you don't see the lane merge until the last minute, so I give them high marks for addressing this so quickly.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

mariethefoxy

Who would you contact at the NYSDOT about signs that have been missing for a long time. The "exit now" sign (the one with the arrow) for Exit 41N (106-107 North) on I-495 East has been missing for years now, and despite other signs in the area being replaced this one is still gone. It was on an old triangle shaped gantry that was taken down around 2016 and never put back. The NEXT RIGHT sign is also missing.

I can't imagine it was due to the gantry being too old since there's some pretty ancient and rusty hardware holding up signs on NY 135 South, south of NY 24 that never got replaced during the reconstruction of that section a while back (the northbound side got all new gantries), maybe someone hit it?

roadman65

I was noticing in Callahan, FL that a SB mileage sign was missing on US 1 & 23. I wrote FDOT about it and they sent me a letter months later that they sent out a work order for one to be installed.

Another place a mileage sign was needed was at the beginning of US 192 near Disney in Central FL.  I wrote to FDOT about it and months later they sent me design specs of a sign they were going to use at that location and informed me that they were doing something to handle my concern about the missing sign.

In 2010 I complained about missing overheads in Tallahassee on US 90 West at US 27. These were the only reference to US 27 at the location.  Weeks later I received a reply that action would be taken to install the missing signs. However they only installed a ground mount assembly, but at least drivers on US 90 WB now are aware of US 27.

In another location in a Tallahassee I reported a missing US 27 North shield  as well as missing FL 63 signs on NB Apilache Parkway at Monroe Street where the route turns right onto FL 63 NB for a concurrency.  Again they replaced some of what I said was missing. The turn US 27 shield got replaced, but still to this day no acknowledgement of FL 63 is at that specific location.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Quote from: mariethefoxy on October 25, 2022, 03:28:19 AM
Who would you contact at the NYSDOT about signs that have been missing for a long time. The "exit now" sign (the one with the arrow) for Exit 41N (106-107 North) on I-495 East has been missing for years now, and despite other signs in the area being replaced this one is still gone. It was on an old triangle shaped gantry that was taken down around 2016 and never put back. The NEXT RIGHT sign is also missing.

I can't imagine it was due to the gantry being too old since there's some pretty ancient and rusty hardware holding up signs on NY 135 South, south of NY 24 that never got replaced during the reconstruction of that section a while back (the northbound side got all new gantries), maybe someone hit it?
NYSDOT Region 10: (631) 952-6632
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

epzik8

I blogged about a misspelling on a street sign down the road from me a few years ago, and within weeks it was replaced with one with the correct spelling. Watchdog or coincidence?
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Rothman

Quote from: epzik8 on October 25, 2022, 07:14:55 AM
I blogged about a misspelling on a street sign down the road from me a few years ago, and within weeks it was replaced with one with the correct spelling. Watchdog or coincidence?
Koinkydink.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cowboy_wilhelm

Maybe y'all can convince NCDOT to update the lane striping and add overhead exit only signs on I-26 eastbound to US-74 at Exit 67, and make it a two-lane/option lane exit while they're at it. I've tried for more than a decade to no avail. There's a repaving project starting next year, and I'm sure they'll copy/paste the pavement markings exactly the same like they always do. They also don't seem to care that the westbound exit for US-74 is Exit 66 while eastbound is still signed as Exit 67. Westbound, Exit 67 is for NC-108.

chrismarion100

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.