Non-Road Boards > Travel Mapping

Is the Clinched Highway Mapping site still active?

<< < (3/44) > >>

1995hoo:
It does? Mine returned an error message in the log file when a road's terminus was renamed. Doesn't matter now because I fixed it to match the new label.

Bickendan:
What should have happened is that depricated tag was flagged as hidden and a new one brought in at the same location with the new identifier to prevent .lists from breaking.

So if you clinched say US 26 in Oregon only from OR 10 to SE 39th Ave, the SE39thAve point would have been hidden but kept in place when the CesChaBlvd got put in when the change over to Cesar Chavez Blvd got rammed through. Otherwise, your list would break, and sometimes it's not clear why, even when the changes were noted in the change log.

In rare cases, no one would be using a point that gets changed; then hiding the old point is irrelevant and could just be switched to the ID. An auto-generated list would indicate which points were in use. Mid-line points tended to be safe to change without breakage, because most users would travel from highway to highway and not to an intermediary point.

Route reroutes, extensions and [segment] turnbacks tended to break .lists no matter what, however.

rickmastfan67:
terescoj did have contact with Tim once in December about the site.  I'll let him comment about what that was about if he wants to.

Mapmikey:
CHM is a terrific resource and I hope it is able to continue or be otherwise resurrected.

I always thought a neat feature to have would be an "inverse" button.  Suppose I pull up my view of routes driven in North Carolina and am trying to see graphically what I have left to do.  Maybe it's my eyesight but I have a hard time seeing all the fainter lines that represent the routes I am missing.  If I could hit the inverse button I could then have the missing stuff be bolded and it would be easy to see what I have left.

Mapmikey

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on February 24, 2015, 08:05:50 PM ---CHM is a terrific resource and I hope it is able to continue or be otherwise resurrected.

I always thought a neat feature to have would be an "inverse" button.  Suppose I pull up my view of routes driven in North Carolina and am trying to see graphically what I have left to do.  Maybe it's my eyesight but I have a hard time seeing all the fainter lines that represent the routes I am missing.  If I could hit the inverse button I could then have the missing stuff be bolded and it would be easy to see what I have left.

Mapmikey

--- End quote ---

You mean this? http://cmap.m-plex.com/stat/region.php?u=mapmikey&c=usa&rg=nc&du=mi&sort=pa#th

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version