Non-Road Boards > Travel Mapping

corrections to existing routes in Florida

<< < (2/3) > >>

NE2:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 15, 2015, 09:07:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 08:32:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 15, 2015, 08:24:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 12:33:21 PM ---US 41:
*has not been signed into Miami Beach for years; now ends at US 1 (SE 4th) but I don't think it's signed on Brickell

--- End quote ---
AASHTO recognizes it, FDOT does too.  We have a similar case with the Western end of US-74 in TN.  Both TDOT and the AASHTO agree that US-74 ends @ I-24, even though it isn't posted on I-75.  We do the same in this project.  Thus, I see us keeping US-41 going out to Miami Beach at this time.

--- End quote ---
So (for example) the SR 10 file is wrong in only including the signed piece?

--- End quote ---
Nope.  This only applies to Interstates and US Highways.  We had a big discussion back in the day about this and we came to the conclusion to that whatever the AASHTO says, we'll go with it, especially if the state still shows shields for the highway(s) on their official maps, even if none are posted in the field.

--- End quote ---
(a) The official map has been corrected to show the orange color for US 41 ending at US 1 downtown.
(b) If we're going by AASHTO, why does the US 98 file extend east of US 1?

Jim:

--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 12:33:21 PM ---FLTpk (Florida's Turnpike (Miami Garden):
*name should be FLTpk (Florida's Turnpike (Miami Gardens)) - note the missing parenthesis - or FLTpk (Florida's Turnpike (Golden Glades)) for the interchange it spurs to

--- End quote ---
I just double checked the data, and the entry does have the 's' at the end of the name.  All I can think that is causing the problem is that Jim has a character count limit, and that's causing the problem here. https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/blob/master/hwy_data/_systems/usasf.csv#L21
--- End quote ---

Fixed.  The field had a width of 32, this one needed 34, expanded to 48 so we have plenty of room now

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 09:17:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 15, 2015, 09:07:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 08:32:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: NE2 on December 15, 2015, 12:33:21 PM ---US 41:
*has not been signed into Miami Beach for years; now ends at US 1 (SE 4th) but I don't think it's signed on Brickell

--- End quote ---
AASHTO recognizes it, FDOT does too.  We have a similar case with the Western end of US-74 in TN.  Both TDOT and the AASHTO agree that US-74 ends @ I-24, even though it isn't posted on I-75.  We do the same in this project.  Thus, I see us keeping US-41 going out to Miami Beach at this time.

--- End quote ---
So (for example) the SR 10 file is wrong in only including the signed piece?

--- End quote ---
Nope.  This only applies to Interstates and US Highways.  We had a big discussion back in the day about this and we came to the conclusion to that whatever the AASHTO says, we'll go with it, especially if the state still shows shields for the highway(s) on their official maps, even if none are posted in the field.

--- End quote ---
(a) The official map has been corrected to show the orange color for US 41 ending at US 1 downtown.
(b) If we're going by AASHTO, why does the US 98 file extend east of US 1?

--- End quote ---

Well, to be honest, even that map has some errors in it when it comes to the 'orange' lines.
1) No orange for the US-1 Business in St. Augustine, even though they do show one shield for it on the map.
2) I'm not aware of any extension of US-92 in St. Petersburg past I-175 (FL-595) all the way to I-275 @ Exit #16.
3) We also use 'usends' when applicable to situations like US-98.  (Weirdly enough, the map link above shows the orange for US-98 going to A1A.)
4) And to muddy the waters some more about US-41, the old 'END' shields on 8th Street (Seen here) are now gone as of January '14 per StreetView.
5) Also when FDOT submitted the change to US-1, they submitted an extra change for US-41 for the 'description', and that even proves that it still goes to Miami Beach.

So, with the US-98 example, we sometimes play it by signage if there is enough proof.

mapcat:
US41's waypoint at 137thAve should be renamed FL825 since the route is signed along that segment.

Also, I didn't see a topic for the in-development Florida routes, but the west endpoint for FL72 at FL758 is mislabelled FL785.

Jim:
Thanks to a _con.csv file contributed by si404, the existing usafl routes are now loaded into the TM database and can be viewed in the TM highway browser.  As a "devel" system, meaning it is not yet a complete first draft, it is not yet available for traveler maps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version