News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

IL: I-57/I-294 interchange

Started by US71, January 20, 2009, 10:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianocello

Quote from: davewiecking on September 08, 2022, 07:26:22 PM
I agree that anyone making those movements will have already passed a point where those could be made more efficiently. However, I just poked around on Street View, and don't see any signs on the westbound tollway prior to the 80/294 split that direct you to any part of I-57. Admittedly I didn't "drive"  everywhere, or check all past images. Are there any such signs I missed?

It ain't much, but there's something. https://goo.gl/maps/cASjEe2QdopnLTq4A

In practice, if you're trying to get to I-57 using that sign alone, it's already too late since there's a huge amount of truck traffic exiting onto I-80 in my experience. But I doubt that's a huge issue; just about everybody trying to get to I-57 is either using navigation or already knows there isn't a direct connection.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

davewiecking

Quote from: pianocello on September 08, 2022, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: davewiecking on September 08, 2022, 07:26:22 PM
I agree that anyone making those movements will have already passed a point where those could be made more efficiently. However, I just poked around on Street View, and don't see any signs on the westbound tollway prior to the 80/294 split that direct you to any part of I-57. Admittedly I didn't "drive"  everywhere, or check all past images. Are there any such signs I missed?

It ain't much, but there's something. https://goo.gl/maps/cASjEe2QdopnLTq4A

In practice, if you're trying to get to I-57 using that sign alone, it's already too late since there's a huge amount of truck traffic exiting onto I-80 in my experience. But I doubt that's a huge issue; just about everybody trying to get to I-57 is either using navigation or already knows there isn't a direct connection.

Thanks. That's, um, fairly useless!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.