News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Question about old US 66 (11th Street) in east Tulsa

Started by bugo, August 05, 2013, 02:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

When US 66 ran along 11th Street, were there 4 way stops at all the section line roads as there are now?  I can imagine it would be a major pain in the ass to drive if they were there with all the traffic.

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on August 05, 2013, 02:16:54 AM
When US 66 ran along 11th Street, were there 4 way stops at all the section line roads as there are now?  I can imagine it would be a major pain in the ass to drive if they were there with all the traffic.

I doubt it.  When 11th St was US66, it would have likely been straight through to 193rd East Ave with no stoplights or stop signs once you got east of Memorial. None of the N-S section lines would have had near enough traffic to warrant any stops on 66.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Quote from: rte66man on August 06, 2013, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: bugo on August 05, 2013, 02:16:54 AM

I doubt it.  When 11th St was US66, it would have likely been straight through to 193rd East Ave with no stoplights or stop signs once you got east of Memorial. None of the N-S section lines would have had near enough traffic to warrant any stops on 66.

That makes absolute sense.

Do you know why there's a half of an Oklahoma Y ramp from NB 177th/Lynn Lane to EB 11th/US 66?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.