News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What was the speed limit on the Chain of Rocks bridge in St Louis?

Started by bugo, May 02, 2015, 05:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I walked out to the bend of the CoR bridge at the St Louis roadmeet (shame on you who missed it, it was the best part of the meet) and couldn't help notice how sharp the bend is and how narrow the roadway is at that point. At the bend it gets slightly wider, but probably not wide enough for two full sized cars to go around the bend at the same time.  It is not possible for two semi trucks to go around the bend at the same time. How did they regulate the bridge? What was the speed limit? I can see it being as low as 10 MPH. Was there some sort of warning system near the curve? I saw some weird looking electrical outlets on the superstructure above the roadway.

Rushmeister

Quote from: bugo on May 02, 2015, 05:11:41 AM
I saw some weird looking electrical outlets on the superstructure above the roadway.

I remember seeing those, too, when I was there a few years ago.  At the time I figured they were for overhead light fixtures. Maybe someone here knows for sure...
...and then the psychiatrist chuckled.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.