News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Least "obstructed" Oklahoma state shield

Started by corco, November 16, 2012, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

So, I'm working on processing Oklahoma photos from my trip over there back in June, and I came across a sign photo from I-40 west at SH-9A

The "9A" barely protrudes into the Oklahoma state outline, cutting a very minimal chunk of it off. Are there any shields that preserve more of Oklahoma?

I guess the only other candidate would be Oklahoma 1

but even there, the 1 nastily intrudes into the great state of Oklahoma, completely covering Lawton.

Scott5114

The freeway variant of the shield places the numbers a bit further south than the stand-alone variety does. That's why the 9A doesn't poke in as much as the 1.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

okc1

There is a OK 1 shield as you approach 1 on the east side of Ada, I believe on Monte Vista, that completely separates the 1 from the outline.
Steve Reynolds
Midwest City OK
Native of Southern Erie Co, NY

corco

QuoteThe freeway variant of the shield places the numbers a bit further south than the stand-alone variety does. That's why the 9A doesn't poke in as much as the 1.

Neat! I guess the million dollar follow-up question then is why?

QuoteThere is a OK 1 shield as you approach 1 on the east side of Ada, I believe on Monte Vista, that completely separates the 1 from the outline.

That's what I'm talking about

Scott5114

Quote from: corco on November 17, 2012, 10:47:42 PM
QuoteThe freeway variant of the shield places the numbers a bit further south than the stand-alone variety does. That's why the 9A doesn't poke in as much as the 1.

Neat! I guess the million dollar follow-up question then is why?

My guess is that they want to make the digits more visible at freeway speeds.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.