News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The Will Rogers Turnpike ends about 1/2 mile south of US 412

Started by bugo, February 21, 2013, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I was in Catoosa earlier, and about 1/2 mile or a little further south of the US 412 overpass there is a sign that says "End Will Rogers Turnpike Maintenence" and another sign that says "Begin Creek Turnpike Maintenence" (I am paraphrasing.)  The pavement also changes at this point.  So despite what some have said that the Creek begins where the old Will Rogers was cut off, the Creek Turnpike doesn't make it to I-44/US 412.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

Well, the pavement changes so that's enough evidence for me.

Scott5114

If they were maintained by different agencies I'd say you have a point, but they're both ultimately maintained by OTA. This is just which division is responsible for maintaining which segment of road (and the breakpoint is probably placed there so the 44/412 interchange falls entirely in one division, not half and half).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.