News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Kurumi.com Connecticut Roads update

Started by kurumi, December 03, 2009, 12:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

Big structural update to the Connecticut Roads portion of the site (http://www.kurumi.com/roads/ct/).

Every signed route now has its own page (i.e. all numbers under 400) ... no more "Routes 195-199" pages. This makes maintenance and navigation easier. This should have been done from the start. Many links are changed, though the old pages provide links to the new ones.

Examples:

However, multiple instances of the same route number (e.g. a dozen US 1A's) still share a page.

I know this is disruptive, but doing it all at once is better than "death by 300 cuts" (and daily progress reports in MTR  ;-)). The links won't move again. (Doing a single page for each of 400+ "secret routes" does not make as much sense.)

Better readability: some CSS tweaks, including limiting the width of paragraphs to about 50 characters. A wall of text filling your 1280px browser width is difficult to read.

A few content updates: an early CT 17 that only lasted a year; the state wanted to do away with CT 21; more detail on old CT 53 routing; new pages for CT 31A, 49A, 95A, 114A and 190A. The single pages should be easier to update, so I can start working on the backlog.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.