Jeopardy! Gets Two New Hosts for Next Season

Started by Henry, August 12, 2021, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

While we're debating the next host(s), how about the current champ? Now 3rd all time in wins and money won in non-tournament games. He definitely paid attention to James Holzhauer's strategy of going for the big money clues first.

While I don't have the chops to beat most contestants in trivia knowledge, I could school most of them in the game theory needed to win.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

OCGuy81

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 17, 2021, 11:32:44 AM
While we're debating the next host(s), how about the current champ? Now 3rd all time in wins and money won in non-tournament games. He definitely paid attention to James Holzhauer's strategy of going for the big money clues first.

While I don't have the chops to beat most contestants in trivia knowledge, I could school most of them in the game theory needed to win.

He's certainly on a hot streak.  He also seems to find the Daily Doubles and usually goes pretty big on them, which often leads to the game being a runaway.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: OCGuy81 on September 17, 2021, 11:42:07 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 17, 2021, 11:32:44 AM

He's certainly on a hot streak.  He also seems to find the Daily Doubles and usually goes pretty big on them, which often leads to the game being a runaway.

The Daily Doubles are in the bottom 2 rows 2/3 of the time. He goes after the bottom row first, and then the 4th row. It's 100% the best strategy.

I've also noticed that champions, especially long-time ones, have an advantage in the first several clues as the challengers are still figuring out the timing of when to buzz in, so it makes sense to go after the most money possible right at the beginning.

Even if it's one of your worst categories, you should hit the high dollar values in them until you find the daily double, as you can always risk and lose a small amount, which is better than an opponent finding it and doubling up.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

empirestate

Quote from: LM117 on September 16, 2021, 05:46:51 PM
I guess he changed his mind, since he initially said that he didn't want to do it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/09/16/mayim-bialik-ken-jennings-host-jeopardy-rest-2021/8363223002/

QuoteJennings previously told USA TODAY that he didn't want to take over as host, because "it means we don't get Alex."

He added: "It's just sad for me to go out there, in a way, because I know that, like the audience, I wish it was Alex walking out at the top of the show."

I don't think I'd take that quote to literally mean he didn't want to do it, just that it would be a bittersweet circumstance.

Quote from: OCGuy81 on September 17, 2021, 11:29:17 AM
Yeah, that's a valid point on LeVar, but I think in time he'd be able to tone that down, and would be a great host.

I didn't see his full week, only the first, very rough couple of shows. But still, the whole week is only a single day's work, which I don't think can ever be conclusive as to how well someone could do given more experience at it.

Takumi

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 17, 2021, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: GCrites80s on September 16, 2021, 09:16:49 PM
He received good reviews as host. I preferred either Ken or LeVar.

I thought LeVar got way too excited at contestant's right answers. Something he could fix no doubt, but it made his episodes hard to watch for me. Same for Joe Buck, but then he's not a likeable guy to begin with.

I actually enjoyed Joe Buck's episodes and thought he was pretty funny at times.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Daniel Fiddler

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.