Daniel Fiddler

On my website:

States I have been to:

States my mother has been to:

States my maternal grandmother has been to:

States my late sister has been to:

States my younger brother has been to:

andrepoiy

This is mine for North America: I have been to places outside North America, but that map isn't as fun to look at.

Blue is visited, green is passed through. Even though I put BC as blue, because I technically visited Yoho National Park, I was only in BC for that one day at a hotel, and another time as a layover at an airport. So BC would be a "Blue with an asterick". Maybe it would be better classified under green.

I also forgot to at Arizona to blue.

Bruce

This thread probably belongs in Travel.

And for that matter, most of us use Mob-Rule to count states and subdivisions: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21932.0

hotdogPi

Idea for a website:
examplewebsite[dot]com?us_00fmwO900d0zAmZ90MipKm0z0eApoMrj3000rEmN0M0DJJe403zL

There are 52 characters after "us_"; 50 provides the states only in a specific order (likely alphabetical), 51 adds DC, and 52 adds Puerto Rico. Each color represents a different color, where 0 is blank, and there are 61 colors (26 uppercase, 26 lowercase, 9 digits other than 0). (I put in random data; don't try to figure out which states they are, since it means nothing.)

I know of two websites that do this. One has been used before on this forum, and it has both a US map and a Canada map, but it only provides on/off functionality. The other is 270towin, which has no way to turn off the number of electoral votes per state (although various colors are available if you go into the historical maps). The latter may or may not use shortlinks (I can't remember); the first definitely does not.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.