News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: Tilted Overhead Signs
Last post by Big John - Today at 04:46:09 AM
^^ Does Georgia still have the policy of no cantilever gantries?
General Highway Talk / Re: Tilted Overhead Signs
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 04:34:12 AM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54480415@N08/53691142625
Thought I would post this of a full spanning cantilever that's in use near Largo, Florida. I think it's neat that it can support itself the entire width of the roadway.

Many places use full gantries for even part of this distance.
Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 03:12:36 AM
Don't discount the political value of connecting Nevada's two metro areas, whether or not that has any actual value in reality.
Weather / Re: Favorite Weather Informati...
Last post by BigRedDog - Today at 02:44:49 AM
I appreciate this Severe Weather Warnings Page that lists all NWS warnings by NWS office. Helpful when tracking storms through various regions.

https://kamala.cod.edu/svr/

The only potential problem is that NWS offices aren't always tied to a major metro/city. For example, the Wilmington, Ohio office covers Cincinnati and Columbus.
Welcome! / Re: Forum functionality issues
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 02:05:43 AM
Searching per topic still doesn't work.
Road Trips / Re: What road did you leave on...
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 01:34:52 AM
My latest trip, in January-February:

QC/ON - A-40/ON 417
ON/QC - ON 417/A-40

Yeah, boring, but I can't do much as a passenger.
Traffic Control / Re: Most absurd VMS messages
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 01:27:36 AM
Quote from: GaryV on May 05, 2024, 07:14:04 AMOne I've seen for a couple days in SE Mich (maybe slight paraphrase):

HEAT STROKE KILLS
CHECK THE BACK SEAT

Yeah, right. I forgot I had the kid with me. But I'll remember to check the back seat just in case there's a kid in there.

Sadly, there is a target demographic for that sign that needs to be reminded.
General Highway Talk / Re: Roads that you have been o...
Last post by Road Hog - Today at 01:20:24 AM
When I was a kid there were twin truss bridges crossing separate portions of Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas on AR 16.They were as signature a set of bridges as a small community could have.

In 1984 the northern truss bridge was destroyed by a tornado. I was a passenger as a kid a number of times on that bridge. I was disappointed by the conventional bridge that replaced it.
We are currently importing the European E roads. Spain will follow shortly after that.

For those interested in having countries imported, you can post a request at https://wiki.aaroads.com/wiki/AARoads:International.
Yeah I didn't know that either and I suspect I'll probably be trying it out for myself the next time I head to L.A. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.