What would a 2026 commemorative coin for the US highway system look like?

Started by hotdogPi, January 18, 2019, 09:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Yes, we're allowed to buy currency, but we are not allowed to have any personal money inside the cash cage (we're not even allowed to have pockets). You have to leave the money you want inside the cage, go get your money, have another cashier do the exchange, and then go put the money away before returning. I once did the swap myself and got in huge trouble for it.

The ability to pick up neat currency like this is a nice perk of the job. Silver coins coming in is a regular occurrence, as is old paper money (including red seal and blue seal bills), as well as circulated proofs and random foreign money. Foreign change is supposed to be rejected, but people that want it will declare it to be whatever US coin it's close to in size ("looks like a quarter to me") and accept it as such, then buy it at that price.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

Quote from: Road Hog on January 24, 2019, 12:52:22 AM
2026 will also be the U.S.'s 250th anniversary, so my guess is coin makers will have bigger fish to fry.

There's also the 2026 World Cup, which should inspire some good sports coinage.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.