News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What do you consider as an industrial wasteland?

Started by WISFreeways, October 14, 2009, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simguy228

Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

agentsteel53

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on November 24, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
You may say depressing, but at least it's a sign of progress. That said, I agree with you that starbucks isn't what NY is about it...NYC is a fabulous city, no doubt.

no, there are about 47321890 better, or at least more interesting, coffee places in NYC.  luckily even the Harlem batch from which I extracted that Starbucks photo has a lot of small-business storefronts; good to know the rebuilding is not brought to you solely by faceless chains. 

Brooklyn still has a very "1980s New York" feel to it - in everything ranging from its businesses to its graffiti to its non-gentrified population distributions... but without the rampant violent crime.  I've felt perfectly safe walking around and taking the subway in Brooklyn around 2-6am.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

BigMattFromTexas

juscuz410

Steubenville,OH/Weirton,WV. Although the 4th St. historic district in Steubenville is very nice and shows a glimmer of what that city could be if it got its act together.

un1

The. Whole. World.

Jokes aside, I saw some images of Detroit and it doesn't look to good. I cant say Thunder Bay is anything better but we aren't a ghost town ... yet. If I think further, I can think of more but I don't have time though I'd imagine every city has its wasteland spots.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.