News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Where did you go for Memorial Day?

Started by golden eagle, June 01, 2010, 12:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

I traveled to Forrest City, AR, about 40 miles west of Memphis.

bugo

Quote from: golden eagle on June 01, 2010, 12:00:15 AM
I traveled to Forrest City, AR, about 40 miles west of Memphis.

I went to Mena, AR, about 80 miles south of Fort Smith.

corco

I went up to the Sheridan area and back- just drove 920 miles over 15 hours and clinched a ton of state highways in northern Wyoming. I spent 14 hours and 50 minutes in Wyoming and 10 minutes in Montana. I'm Wyominged out

BigMattFromTexas

I went to this interesting place called my room, and slept. We had dressing and peas, and tea. Thats pretty much it, I hung out with friends, hmm, interesting... NOT
BigMatt

agentsteel53

just got back from a 1400 mile trip.  I managed to average 72mph between Sacramento and San Diego on the way home, even accounting for two pit stops, and an unfortunate slowdown in Santa Clarita due to heavy holiday traffic. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

J N Winkler

I spent the day packing.  Today I fly to Lisbon!
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Roadgeek Adam

Camping in NEPA on D- roads. Certified I-380 for the upteenth time
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

shoptb1

I went camping with friends in West Virginia, outside of Moundsville.  It's about a 150-mile drive from Columbus, OH on I-70 and then WV-2/US-250.  Perfect weather!

kurumi

Joshua Tree NP with my wife. Did some bouldering at White Tank and Hidden Valley; some sunset photos at Keys View. Walked along the "beach" (crushed fish bones and barnacle shells) at Salton Sea; that day was 107 deg F.

Saw parts of several roads: the new CA 210 (still signed CA 210 throughout); CA 62 (repaved in some areas, but nearly rubble in others); CA 86S (intermittently co-signed with CA 111); Box Canyon Rd (from I-10 to CA 111; what it says on the tin). I wanted to go up CA 18, and then get a photo of CA 259, but traffic on "the 10" caused us to run out of time.

A gore point sign assigns Exit 111 to CA 111 on I-10 (cool!) but the overhead sign, and the Cal-Nexus page, show the disappointing truth: CA 111 is exit 112.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

74/171FAN

I pretty much just stayed in my house all day.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

US71

Canton, TX with a stopover in Paris.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

okroads

On Memorial Day itself, I drove from Trinidad, CO, to Oklahoma City, but during the previous 6 days, I drove through Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and Montana. For 3 of those states (WY, ID, MT) it was my first time to ever be in those states, which means I now have just 4 states that I haven't been to yet!

Ian

Nothing really happened this Memorial Day, though our family barbecue was nice.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

allniter89

I sat at home watching the rain and thunderstorms, listened to the tornado sirens all weekend long. Pretty much a rain out around here but perfect for a well deserved weekend of r&r!  :)
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

jdb1234

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 01, 2010, 09:10:35 PM
I pretty much just stayed in my house all day.

Same here.  Too much rain to do much of anything.

brownpelican

My lady and I went to Memphis...had a pretty good time. She wants to go back just to eat more Neely's BBQ and their sock-it-to-me-cake.

[Removed unnecessary markup. -S.]

mefailenglish

Drove half of the Blue Ridge Parkway, clinched all of US 340 (I've been missing the chunk between Luray and Front Royal for some reason), and did a little cutout hunting on the side.

SSOWorld

California - specifically Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, dodging waterfalls, rock formations and huge-ass tree trunks.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

njroadhorse

NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

mightyace

My brother and I were up in PA the week before for our dad's 80th birthday.

We then went to the Coke 600 in Concord, NC (Charlotte area) on Sunday night passing through Martinsville, VA; Greeneville, NC; and Hickory, NC on the way.  (And saw some Saturday night racing at Hickory Motor Speedway.)

On Memorial Day itself, visited the recently revived racetrack in North Wilkesboro, NC and spent the rest of the day in Boone and Blowing Rock, NC.

We returned to middle TN early Wednesday morning.

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

hm insulators

On big holiday weekends, I make it a point to stay home!
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Alex

Andy flew out and we all hung out locally, did some php lessons, and went to the soon-to-be-oil-covered beach. Took Andy up to Memphis on Tuesday to do some roadding before bolting back down yesterday to get to the airport by 5 pm.

yanksfan6129

Schenectady, NY--visited Union College (I liked it, but I'm not sure I'll apply there because I've seen about 9 other places I like, some even more than Union).

Dougtone

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on June 03, 2010, 07:52:07 PM
Schenectady, NY--visited Union College (I liked it, but I'm not sure I'll apply there because I've seen about 9 other places I like, some even more than Union).

But in Schenectady, you can go curling in the winter!

Dougtone

I spent the long weekend driving around Western Pennsylvania and Western New York State.  I even visited Ashtabula County, Ohio again.  Roads were clinched, covered bridges were photographed, etc.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.