News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Spinning globes really fast so adults got mad

Started by bandit957, November 10, 2019, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else ever do this when you were growing up?

In my day, I used to spin globes really fast, and adults would always get mad. They thought it would "ruin" the globe.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

US 89

SectorZ

KEVIN_224

Did you ever act like Superman and rapidly spin the globe in the opposite direction?  :awesomeface:

DandyDan

My friend during elementary school had one. I thought it would be cool to spin it real fast, only something undid itself and it broke. I had to have my parents buy him a new one. That was the end of that.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

kurumi

Flat-earthers really don't like being flexed on
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

jeffandnicole

The only time I recall anyone getting mad about a globe was when my brother was in boy scouts.  There was some contest to win a basic globe, which I won.  They delivered the globe to the house.  My brother was so mad and upset that I won it...and I wasn't even in scouts!

Quote from: SectorZ on November 11, 2019, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: thspfc on November 10, 2019, 07:17:01 PM
Top 10 most random threads on AARoads

All 10 are bandit's!

Well, no.  There was this one about Alan...

Brandon

Quote from: jeffandnicole on November 12, 2019, 12:05:16 PM
The only time I recall anyone getting mad about a globe was when my brother was in boy scouts.  There was some contest to win a basic globe, which I won.  They delivered the globe to the house.  My brother was so mad and upset that I won it...and I wasn't even in scouts!

Quote from: SectorZ on November 11, 2019, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: thspfc on November 10, 2019, 07:17:01 PM
Top 10 most random threads on AARoads

All 10 are bandit's!

Well, that is and is not in the shape of a goat's eye.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

kphoger

That one started out being about roads, though.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

kevinb1994

Quote from: Brandon on November 12, 2019, 03:41:03 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 12, 2019, 02:56:29 PM
That one started out being about roads, though.
Goat paths, really.
Like the famous one in PA, which was covered in the Central PA Road Meet in 2016.

formulanone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.