Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Old songs you can't identify

(1/17) > >>

bandit957:
Remember any old songs on the radio that you can't identify now?

I remember one in the late '70s that I always called "The Backwards Song" because it sounded like the music they used in the 'Sesame Street' segment where a man walks backwards through a city. For the life of me, I can't identify the real title or artist of this song, so it probably wasn't a very big hit. I also remember a Styx-like song where the first line is something about "the 21st century", but I can't identify it either.

There were some songs I pretty much gave up on identifying but then was able to identify them later.

roadman65:
There is one that sounds similar to Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 that was in the late 60's or early 70's.  In fact I thought that Sunday Morning was a cover of it, but it's not.  Its just similar to it, but sounds like it IMO.

kphoger:
I have a lot of these.  My dad used to record airings of The Midnight Special public radio program onto cassette tape, and we often listened to them on road trips.  There are countless songs from those tapes that pop into my head every so often that I have a dickens of a time identifying online, because so many were little-known songs before the advent of the internet as we know it.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: bandit957 on November 04, 2019, 10:56:29 PM ---I also remember a Styx-like song where the first line is something about "the 21st century", but I can't identify it either.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure you weren't simply mistaken and that it's not actually "Edge of the Century"?

bandit957:

--- Quote from: kphoger on November 05, 2019, 02:10:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: bandit957 on November 04, 2019, 10:56:29 PM ---I also remember a Styx-like song where the first line is something about "the 21st century", but I can't identify it either.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure you weren't simply mistaken and that it's not actually "Edge of the Century"?

--- End quote ---

This was 1978 or 1979. I'm pretty sure Q-102 in Cincinnati regularly played it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version